• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What now? Well, I have thoughts.

Jeremy Igo

51 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I can't wait to see what happens when Allen comes back to earth.  As a Panther fan, I am rooting for the team to win.  I'd love it if Allen continues to play at a high level, and leads us to the promise land.  That would truly be magical.

On the flip side, this is two games in two different seasons.  The Cards are pretty bad.  While there's hope, they are still pretty dang bag.  How much of yesterday's success was because the Panthers simply executed their game plan against a bad team?  I'm thrilled for Allen to look good, and it was A LOT more fun to watch the Panthers have a successful game.

Let's allow Cam plenty of time to rest and get better.  Let's ride the Allen train a little bit longer.  I don't think he's put out enough work to dethrone Cam long term.  Now if Cam can't get better because his body is just broken...That is a different story.

If Allen starts and wins the next 3 games going into the bye week, you can't bench him. Anything less and Cam Newton is going to be back. Could be a Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady moment honestly. The offense hasn't looked like it did on Sunday in years.

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If Allen starts and wins the next 3 games going into the bye week, you can't bench him. Anything less and Cam Newton is going to be back. Could be a Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady moment honestly. The offense hasn't looked like it did on Sunday in years.

By years, do you mean last year before Cam got hurt lol

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

By years, do you mean last year before Cam got hurt lol

Cam definitely looked good in some games last year, but he hadn't thrown 4 TD passes since 2017. And who knows if he will ever be healthy again. He had an entire offseason and then some to get healthy, and lasted 8 plays before getting injured in the preseason. He lasted 2 regular season games before he missed a game. That isn't good.

Not saying Cam can't get healthy and come back and do what we saw on Sunday, just saying that if Allen is winning games, we can't go back to Cam until he struggles. Gotta ride the hot hand.

2 hours ago, PghPanther said:

So one winless team beats another winless team and now there might be a QB controversy?

Let Allen play some better teams and see how that turns out first before you go christening a new QB era here.

.......and that's coming from a Cam hater to boot.

Let's replace Kyle Allen, with Colin Kaepernick and he played the same game last night with the same results - can you imagine what this site and sports talk would be today?

It would be even more unbearable than it already is and they would be ready to bump Tom Brady from the starting QB position.

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I can't wait to see what happens when Allen comes back to earth.  As a Panther fan, I am rooting for the team to win.  I'd love it if Allen continues to play at a high level, and leads us to the promise land.  That would truly be magical.

On the flip side, this is two games in two different seasons.  The Cards are pretty bad.  While there's hope, they are still pretty dang bag.  How much of yesterday's success was because the Panthers simply executed their game plan against a bad team?  I'm thrilled for Allen to look good, and it was A LOT more fun to watch the Panthers have a successful game.

Let's allow Cam plenty of time to rest and get better.  Let's ride the Allen train a little bit longer.  I don't think he's put out enough work to dethrone Cam long term.  Now if Cam can't get better because his body is just broken...That is a different story.

The Bucs are awful too and Cam looked like trash

5 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Let's replace Kyle Allen, with Colin Kaepernick and he played the same game last night with the same results - can you imagine what this site and sports talk would be today?

It would be even more unbearable than it already is and they would be ready to bump Tom Brady from the starting QB position.

Looking at this realistically, it's way way way too early to predict that Kyle Allen is going to be a star.

On the flipside though, it is a genuine possibility, and anyone who doesn't think so is in denial.

Stay tuned...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Looking at this realistically, it's way way way too early to predict that Kyle Allen is going to be a star.

On the flipside though, it is a genuine possibility, and anyone who doesn't think so is in denial.

Stay tuned...

I'm not ready to crown anyone Mr. Scot.  But so far I'm damn impressed...

25 minutes ago, Yaboychris28 said:

The Bucs are awful too and Cam looked like trash

I'm pretty sure Cam wasn't healthy in that game.  I'm only calling for folks to pump the breaks a bit on Allen being the long term starter in Carolina, yet!  That's not to say it couldn't happen, but Allen's body of work is too small right now.  If Allen continues to play as well as he has, then you'd be foolish to pull him.

58 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I don't disagree at all.  I'm just not ready to retire Cam.  I want to see how Allen performs over the next few weeks.  Hence the coming back down to earth.  I hope Allen kills it, and we have to have a real discussion about it.  I just don't think we are there yet. 

Cam needs to get better, an Allen has looked good when he has filled in.  That's where we are.  If he continues to play hot, then we ride it out before we go back to Cam.

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I can't wait to see what happens when Allen comes back to earth.  As a Panther fan, I am rooting for the team to win. 

Those first 2 sentences seem to contradict each other. You sure you’re a Panthers fan? I’m imagining a few dozen Panther “fans” had a huge sigh of relief after that first sack fumble on the opening drive only to be out done by a fist pump when the Cards scored with high hopes to come here and say I told ya so after we got blown out. Sorry not sorry for y’all.

42 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

I'm not ready to crown anyone Mr. Scot.  But so far I'm damn impressed...

I'd agree, and would add that there's just as much danger in putting too much emphasis on his next game as there was this last one though.

If he comes out and has two great games in a row, doesn't mean he's a Hall of Famer in waiting.

But likewise, if he comes back to Earth some the next game, that doesn't automatically mean the first game was a fluke.

I know it's hard to have patience, but people really need to have patience.

People these days always want to be  "the first person that said" whatever.  They'll throw out ten hot takes and nine of them will be wrong but they'll brag about the one they got right as if it makes them Nostradamus.

Being the first person to say something is useless if what you say is wrong. Better to wait and make sure you get the right answer.

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I can't wait to see what happens when Allen comes back to earth. 

Kyle is going to have a bad game. I don't know if it will be next week or in four weeks. I don't want it to happen, but it seems like it always happens in these types of situations. For example, 25 of 38 for 203 with 2 TD and 4 INTs - that was TB12's third game in relief of Bledsoe. What will the coaches do after Kyle has a game like that? That's where it will get interesting.

15 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Kyle is going to have a bad game. I don't know if it will be next week or in four weeks. I don't want it to happen, but it seems like it always happens in these types of situations. For example, 25 of 38 for 203 with 2 TD and 4 INTs - that was TB12's third game in relief of Bledsoe. What will the coaches do after Kyle has a game like that? That's where it will get interesting.

Yea it won’t all be gravy we will certainly face better teams and from there we’ll get a good grasp of what type of player he can really be by if he bounces back or not. For one week though, it’s been so long since we’ve had a relevant win.

2 hours ago, d-dave said:

I think we have to give Allen a little more credit here.  Our team hasn't won a meaningful game since midway through 2018.  We're playing an away game on the west coast.  We fall behind early as the Cardinals completely carve up our defense on their first drive.  We were in serious trouble - and Allen bailed us out.

The Cards are not a bad team.  They tied Detroit (undefeated and just beat Philly in Philly) and nearly beat Baltimore in their place. They might win 6-7 games this year.  I think we were favored by 2-3 points meaning the oddsmakers do not see a significant talent gap. 

Yesterday's success was not "executing against a bad team".  It was a revolution.  Our guys were having fun again.  Allen got better and better as the game went on.  Winning is contagious.  This could be the start of a run.  There is some serious talent on this roster - and this QB has a chance to bring it out.

Archived