• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What now? Well, I have thoughts.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty bold statement, Verge.

Unless Ron goes out there and pulls all the momentum from the team by putting Cam out there as a starter next week, I just don't see it. Kyle is a legit QB, he has shown the level of throws he can make in regular season action twice, and he is a monumentally better passer than Cam is. I love Cam, but if he goes out next week and tosses a dude, it would be completely kill out team. I feel like Kyle gets the next start, proves himself once again, so on and so forth.

Agree. Foot Injuries will always take a little longer than you think to heal. Its very nagging. If he can't put enough pressure on it to step forward and extend plays then keep him in the training room. As long as Norv can find ways to get the ball in playmakers hands, O line keeps one player from dominating the game. Kyle has a solid throw and has enough reps with these guys to have a feeling where they might be in a play. 

Play calling is important and O line. Hope Trai is all good and I like a rotation at tackle. Even when both are playing good.

4 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

I don't see the need to make dramatic choices after one game. It is setting up to where we'll see whether this game was an abberation or the start of a trend.

There have been a lot of one game wonders at QB in the history of the NFL. 

I was not able to see the game (it was not on the tube here), and I have not been able to check out the various highlights (I am sitting in an airport right now, at 5am my time).  I will.  It is likely that I will conclude a few things seen when I finally am able to check out the game. 

1) The film backs up the stats, the Allen played very good game under center.  As I said, one game against Arizona does not equal "stop the presses."  If so, I will be cautiously optimistic but will want to see how he does against better teams that have actually had some film on him in games that count, like yesterday.  It is quite possible he is better than he has been given credit for.  That would probably be worse news for Grier than Cam.

2) I will walk away, regardless of how much #1 is true, saying I never want to hear Rivera utter the words "xxxx gives us a better chance to win" again.  And efficient to solid QB who is healthy may just be better than a superstar who is hobbled, and thus "give us a better chance to win."  Depending on the injury and the talent, that may be true of any position.  That does not mean that we would have won 4 or 5 of the games we lost last year when Cam started while injured.  But it does mean we might have been able to win a couple of them.

3) Establishing a huge running game is critical to the success of this team.  Being able to throw the ball downfield helps facilitate that, and vice-versa.

4) I want to see the sack fest that the stats say happened.  It is a long travel day today, and I will be in the mood for that sort of carnage when it is over.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll ask what I asked elsewhere.

Are we absolutely certain that's going to happen?

Cam sitting or Cam getting healthy? I can see Cam getting healthy if he sits for a few more weeks and letting Allen play this out. Do I think that will happen? I could see if we lose to Houston or Jacksonville, Ron forcing Newton back into the lineup regardless of health. 

6 hours ago, WoahW said:

You have a weird fuging obsession trying to dig Newton as selfish. Especially with all he does in the community. Stop being a fuging conspiracy theory creep and be an actual human being or go fug yourself either one works 

Half the posts on this site are some Dr. Phil type attempt to psychoanalyze Cam

5 hours ago, Verge said:

Unless Ron goes out there and pulls all the momentum from the team by putting Cam out there as a starter next week, I just don't see it. Kyle is a legit QB, he has shown the level of throws he can make in regular season action twice, and he is a monumentally better passer than Cam is. I love Cam, but if he goes out next week and tosses a dude, it would be completely kill out team. I feel like Kyle gets the next start, proves himself once again, so on and so forth.

It's possible. If that happens then that means Allen is THAT good. Which wouldn't be bad for the franchise but I do feel for Cam a bit. We are still getting ahead of ourselves. They certainly need to ride this wave out so long as Cam needs to heal and the teams stays competitive.  It really makes me hate the Grier pick that much more because the only reason Hurney took him was to save face and say he drafted someone. 

Would like to see Cam get healthy and take on the challenge. Should Allen keep playing well then Cam needs to come back as good or better. There has been some complacency in his game ever since DA left. But he also hasn't been healthy enough to refine his play since Norv got here really.

I can't wait to see what happens when Allen comes back to earth.  As a Panther fan, I am rooting for the team to win.  I'd love it if Allen continues to play at a high level, and leads us to the promise land.  That would truly be magical.

On the flip side, this is two games in two different seasons.  The Cards are pretty bad.  While there's hope, they are still pretty dang bag.  How much of yesterday's success was because the Panthers simply executed their game plan against a bad team?  I'm thrilled for Allen to look good, and it was A LOT more fun to watch the Panthers have a successful game.

Let's allow Cam plenty of time to rest and get better.  Let's ride the Allen train a little bit longer.  I don't think he's put out enough work to dethrone Cam long term.  Now if Cam can't get better because his body is just broken...That is a different story.

5 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I can't wait to see what happens when Allen comes back to earth.  As a Panther fan, I am rooting for the team to win.  I'd love it if Allen continues to play at a high level, and leads us to the promise land.  That would truly be magical.

On the flip side, this is two games in two different seasons.  The Cards are pretty bad.  While there's hope, they are still pretty dang bag.  How much of yesterday's success was because the Panthers simply executed their game plan against a bad team?  I'm thrilled for Allen to look good, and it was A LOT more fun to watch the Panthers have a successful game.

Let's allow Cam plenty of time to rest and get better.  Let's ride the Allen train a little bit longer.  I don't think he's put out enough work to dethrone Cam long term.  Now if Cam can't get better because his body is just broken...That is a different story.

Agreed. It's exciting to see the offense executed at its potential though. It's like if you're a Panthers fan you want Allen to ball out so we win. If you're a Cam fan you want him to get healthy and let Allen light a fire under him to bring out the best in Cam. Hopefully both can happen and us not lose any games.

Archived