• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What now? Well, I have thoughts.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, lightsout said:

Fair point. But I don't think him traveling with the team was JUST for reasons associated with his injury. Sort of my point above all else. May be nothing too deep, could be as simple as "listen, stay behind and get that foot right. plus, we don't need to have a media circus around you and your foot and everything with a backup QB getting a start". But I don't think it was "yeah he hurt his foot and we decided it's best he stay home and rest". Not buying that for a second.

I can see that as well, and I believe it definitely is a factor. The sad part is, that it seems to be also done to keep folks with a handful of brain cells to substantiate a controversy.

But as we see, it doesnt stop it entirely, and now we have a damned if you do, damnes if you dont situation.

Cam travels 2000 miles while injured to satiate folks who already have it out for him, just to play up a controversy.

Cam doesnt travel 2000 miles because he is injured, and would help in recovery, just to have his commitment questioned.

People here want to keep playing this thing with Cam as this binary, but what is really frustrating is this lack of logical thought to what might be going on

16 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

As well, that trip was weeks before where we are at now.

The Atlanta trip was over the weekend after the Bucs game and was conducted on public airlines.  Cam even took pics with workers in the Atlanta airport.

Ron was very terse in the Tuesday press conference when Joe Person asked him if Cam was in Atlanta or Charlotte over the weekend (a question he already knew the answer to), and ultimately Ron refused to answer the question.

If he can handle all that on his own surely he can be limo'd to and from a private charter and support the team.

image.thumb.jpeg.a600c6cf4fe7fe5403f3e92c57de68ba.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

Cam travels 2000 miles while injured to satiate folks who already have it out for him, just to play up a controversy.

If there's one thing we know Cam doesn't do anything "to satiate folks".....ever.

I wish he had traveled with the team and made himself visible. 

I think that would have been well received on many fronts (teammates & fans alike) and would have tamped down some of this mystery surrounding the situation. 

54 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Here's my thought. It's one of two things.

Either:
1) Cam is contemplating retirement/whether to go on IR for the season. Stayed home to think it over with his family, see how he feels being home on game day, and to not be a distraction for the team.

2) Cam was told by the team to stay home because the travel would disrupt his healing.

Reason why I don't believe it is #2? He took a personal trainer to Mexico on a family trip.

teaching. Is all this hes contemplating retirement crap. That isn't cam that's luck cams love of the game is beyond that. Ask yourself the cam newton you know will ball up in a corner after not throwing a touchdown in his past 4 game and say I give up? Nope.. you ll see him on another team before you see that.

Also I swear it was ron last year who said they left Cam at home because they didnt want him injuried running and jumping up and down the sideline? People wanna put cams absence on him and thay isn't always the case.

2 minutes ago, SBiii said:

If there's one thing we know Cam doesn't do anything "to satiate folks".....ever.

I wish he had traveled with the team and made himself visible. 

I think that would have been well received on many fronts (teammates & fans alike) and would have tamped down some of this mystery surrounding the situation. 

You don’t think teammates have Cam Newtons phone number? Outside of speculation on this forum, what’s the mystery?

43 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

I can see that as well, and I believe it definitely is a factor. The sad part is, that it seems to be also done to keep folks with a handful of brain cells to substantiate a controversy.

But as we see, it doesnt stop it entirely, and now we have a damned if you do, damnes if you dont situation.

Cam doesnt travel 2000 miles because he is injured, and would help in recovery, just to have his commitment questioned.

People here want to keep playing this thing with Cam as this binary, but what is really frustrating is this lack of logical thought to what might be going on

This x100. 

22 minutes ago, SBiii said:

The Atlanta trip was over the weekend after the Bucs game and was conducted on public airlines.  Cam even took pics with workers in the Atlanta airport.

Ron was very terse in the Tuesday press conference when Joe Person asked him if Cam was in Atlanta or Charlotte over the weekend (a question he already knew the answer to), and ultimately Ron refused to answer the question.

If he can handle all that on his own surely he can be limo'd to and from a private charter and support the team.

image.thumb.jpeg.a600c6cf4fe7fe5403f3e92c57de68ba.jpeg

A "walking boot" key word walking... doesn't mean lay up in the bed and dont do crap. Stop this I'm connecting dots nonsense. We don't know why he was there maybe for treatment maybe to see his family he isn't bed ridden.  As for him not traveling to this away game. Rivera has stated he made cam stay home before because of how excited he gets on the side lines.. when has he never not cheered or been the first one to celebrate his teammates success your reaching.

5 minutes ago, ThatsJustAJ said:

You don’t think teammates have Cam Newtons phone number? Outside of speculation on this forum, what’s the mystery?

Why has he disappeared?  Why the giant void of information? 

A simple mid-foot sprain can be commented on.

The first time he hurt his foot there was a sideline examination, x-rays at the stadium, he left in a walking boot, the team tweeted about the x-rays the next morning (below) and the GM updated the press accordingly....and, he was back at practice 4-days later.

This time...no in-game exam, no x-rays, no boot & left in his own street shoes, no limp...no nothing.  5-days later this 'injury" comes out of left field and 10-days later there's been zero evidence of Cam participating in any team related activities -- and, Rowboat Ron has been laughably stonewalling any and all questions on the topic...to the point where Kyle Bailey called him "a human meat shield for the organization"!

By all rights the most recent tweak is less serious than the original injury but the team has totally clammed up about the situation?

Why?

(all pics from morning of 8/23 the day after Patriots game)

image.thumb.png.cb38f10eda94261550f84861f6a8ad58.pngimage.thumb.png.27399044be4f012bb1ebfa5e2085ab73.pngimage.thumb.png.12059f2a49e6778e9884aaedaf273ab1.png

29 minutes ago, SBiii said:

When and where was that?

You have a weird fuging obsession trying to dig Newton as selfish. Especially with all he does in the community. Stop being a fuging conspiracy theory creep and be an actual human being or go fug yourself either one works 

27 minutes ago, WoahW said:

You have a weird fuging obsession trying to dig Newton as selfish. Especially with all he does in the community. Stop being a fuging conspiracy theory creep and be an actual human being or go fug yourself either one works 

Your post is total nonsense.

The other poster made an assertion that Ron had kept Cam from attending other games when injured and I was just curious when that was? 

I'm pretty sure Cam has only missed 5 games in his career.  Two of those were last year and he was in attendance at the away game in New Orleans the last game of the season, the Falcons game was in Charlotte. 

That would only leave 3 other games Cam might have been told to stay home for so doesn't get too "excited on the sidelines"...

...might you know which one he is referencing?

FYI....this is more of a referendum on Ol' Rowboat vs. Cam (which clearly you don't comprehend).

Archived