• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What now? Well, I have thoughts.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, SBiii said:

The KD and Cam situations are in no way analogous.

Your last sentence is sensible.

I edited my post above at the same time you were replying....my consternation is with Rowboat & the team for their lack of forthrightness....that's not on Cam.

Well if you wanna rip Ron Rivera for his horrible mismanagement of Cam and his injuries repeatedly throughout his career I’m right there with you. 

If you are implying that there is some ulterior motive for Cam staying home or that he isn’t a team guy because he didn’t travel or something, well I just can’t back that for a second. 

Just now, Montsta said:

Well if you wanna rip Ron Rivera for his horrible mismanagement of Cam and his injuries repeatedly throughout his career I’m right there with you. 

If you are implying that there is some ulterior motive for Cam staying home or that he isn’t a team guy because he didn’t travel or something, well I just can’t back that for a second. 

Here's my thought. It's one of two things.

Either:
1) Cam is contemplating retirement/whether to go on IR for the season. Stayed home to think it over with his family, see how he feels being home on game day, and to not be a distraction for the team.

2) Cam was told by the team to stay home because the travel would disrupt his healing.

Reason why I don't believe it is #2? He took a personal trainer to Mexico on a family trip.

3 minutes ago, Montsta said:

image.thumb.png.a6d3cb4b265ac3911d04acac2d7265ae.png

4 hours ago, Captroop said:

About Cam. Where was he today? Did he even travel with the team? I was expecting to at least see him on the sideline to hype up the team. 

I thought that, thought it may be a bit selfish and then I realized that Cam on the sideline would be a distraction. I think they are aware of that.

He needs not to be walking on that thing either.

18 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Here's my thought. It's one of two things.

Either:
1) Cam is contemplating retirement/whether to go on IR for the season. Stayed home to think it over with his family, see how he feels being home on game day, and to not be a distraction for the team.

2) Cam was told by the team to stay home because the travel would disrupt his healing.

Reason why I don't believe it is #2? He took a personal trainer to Mexico on a family trip.

I'm not sure it's fair to equate a work decision made by people above you, to personal decisions you make as far as trips go.

As well, that trip was weeks before where we are at now.

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I thought that, thought it may be a bit selfish and then I realized that Cam on the sideline would be a distraction. I think they are aware of that.

He needs not to be walking on that thing either.

Naaa all that is to logical, better go with an unsubstantiated narrative.

Just now, Oldmanrivera said:

I'm not sure it's fair to equate a work decision made by people above you, to personal decisions you make as far as trips go.

As well, that trip was weeks before where we are at now.

Fair point. But I don't think him traveling with the team was JUST for reasons associated with his injury. Sort of my point above all else. May be nothing too deep, could be as simple as "listen, stay behind and get that foot right. plus, we don't need to have a media circus around you and your foot and everything with a backup QB getting a start". But I don't think it was "yeah he hurt his foot and we decided it's best he stay home and rest". Not buying that for a second.

Archived