• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Torrey Smith thinks Kyle Allen lights it up today.

Jeremy Igo

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He may be right. Though to be fair, Smith probably isn't exactly unbiased on this issue.

He has, however, played for a variety of QBs with Superb Owl resumes and strong arms, which allowed him to thrive as a deep threat. Here, he never showcased that. 

He may be incredibly able to make that judgement call.

9 minutes ago, Smithers said:

We all know something haha.

i almost wonder if Grier was drafted to be Allen’s backup eventually, not Cams backup.  Surely the team is aware that his health won’t allow him to continue playing for very long. 

Kyle Allen is not a NFL QB. He is capable of a few games the same way DA us but would be god awful as full time starter. 

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

He has, however, played for a variety of QBs with Superb Owl resumes and strong arms, which allowed him to thrive as a deep threat. Here, he never showcased that. 

He may be incredibly able to make that judgement call.

Who’s he playing for now? He’s been done since he left Baltimore. 

4 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Kyle Allen is not a NFL QB. He is capable of a few games the same way DA us but would be god awful as full time starter. 

The sample size is so small. So far, so good. That’s all I can base it on, one sample size at a time. I think he’s got a chance to have a really good game today, but by no means does that make him a sustainable option long-term. 

Nobody really knows anything yet. That’s kind of what I’m getting at, I guess. It’s fun trying to figure it out. 

40 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I’m curious, what are you basing this on?  He’s made NFL throws against NFL defenses in NFL games.    

So can any QB. A lot of backups come in and play well right away. And then as defenses get game film that changes. Told y’all this about DA for years. Grier should be starting based on the investment alone. 

49 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Some would argue based on the last 9-10 games that Cam isn’t either.  

I get what you are saying but have to hope for the best.  I want Cam to get well and Allen to be adequate in his absence.  That is all.  

Archived