• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believe in Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Oh dear God no. He might be 6'4" but the dude's QBR is 60th in the country and he's not much of a runner either. I would be disgusted with that pick lol. Would rather bolster the OL with a 1st round pick and wait another year for Trevor Lawrence.

There are a lot of QB targets coming out in 2020 that might look appealing but won't pan out. I consider Jake Fromm to be another "bust" pick for whoever is interested.

They mock Fromm going to the Saints lmao.

Don't know if we win or not but right now Allen does give us the best chance to win. With our offensive weapons which haven't changed, we don't need Allen to be superman. He simply needs to throw a decent ball to the receiver and throw into the blitz to slow it down. At least half the O line problems are teams rushing 5 or more on every play. If Allen beats the blitz early, the pressure goes down not up.  Let's be real, we came close to winning both games with Cam playing badly. Hard to believe Allen won't do better. It isn't exactly a high bar. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't do hot takes.

I'll always tell you exactly what I think, but the thing about being a Panther fan is that what I think will happen and what I hope will happen are often at odds.

Person doesn't believe he does hot takes as well.

1 minute ago, Skack25 said:

They mock Fromm going to the Saints lmao.

Would be good for us lol. Dude is a game manager in the NFL at best.

The only QBs I would take this year are:

1. Tua (but at 6'1" some will pass)

2. Hurts (has a reputation of being inaccurate but he's been lights out with OK and if he continues to show out against tougher competition he could be a steal in this draft with a similar skill set to Cam but debatably more accurate)

3. Justin Herbert (a little bit of a project but solid upside)

4. Sam Ehlinger

Burrow, Fromm, Love, and Stanley are all "fool's gold"

58 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If I were Coach Rivera, I'd ask Jake Delhomme to give Allen a call sometime this week and explain that it can be done and a no name guy can literally come off the bench and take a team to the Super Bowl.

Delhomme had Todd Steussie and Jeno James watching his blind side, with Kris Mangum and Jermaine Wiggins as TEs. A young Jordan Gross was manning the RT spot (make your own Moton comparison) with Kevin Donnalley and a veteran Jeff Mitchell at center. Honestly, Allen's got a better grouping in front of him with massive upgrades at the tight end position.

CMC offers more options than Stephen Davis (who was a hard nosed runner of the highest caliber) and I think Armah is a nice successor to Brad Hoover, if used properly. And while Moose and Smitty were incendiary that year, there's a lot to cheer about with Samuel and DJ. 

If Allen goes out there and somehow finds that ultimate underdog magic that Jake had, this could work. Just like back then, we've got a defense that can keep us in just about any game.

Or at least, that's what I'm hoping.

I like this thought. But it would require enough trust from Rivera to let Allen sling the ball around and not just give the ball CMC all game. 

Scarlett and Armah aren’t being used creatively at all so far and it’s disappointing. Don’t think Ian Thomas has had much action yet either.

3 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I like this thought. But it would require enough trust from Rivera to let Allen sling the ball around and not just give the ball CMC all game. 

Scarlett and Armah aren’t being used creatively at all so far and it’s disappointing. Don’t think Ian Thomas has had much action yet either.

Let's face it, Ron's going to have to really let it roll and take the brakes off for it to work. Playing it safe won't get it. Playing to win very well could. There's a lot of talent on this team, but he's going to have to gamble on the 52 other players rather than just gamble on the 1. 

Of course, who knows, maybe with Cam being how he has been, perhaps we've been playing with too many safety measures in place. 

Really, though, it is going to be on Norv's shoulders with the play calls and personnel. Ron's overseeing it, but he's also leading the defense (and doing pretty darned well). 

Still, Kyle's gonna have to Jake the heck out of this to win. Play it like this was your only chance -- that was Jake's secret.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hide contents

Kyle Allen throws for 320 yards and 3 touchdowns on Sunday. Finishes with a 98 passer rating. After the game, everyone will question if we would have won the Tampa Bay game with him playing. 

Your homerism is too damn high

Well obviously Ron doesn’t believe in Allen because last season and then in Tampa game he stayed with a QB who was hurt and obviously not able to make basic throws over bringing in Allen.   

Don’t give me Cam was still better option.  Again , if that was the case then why is Allen still on the roster if he’s not better than a QB who can’t make basic throws.   

3 minutes ago, grateflday said:

Well obviously Ron doesn’t believe in Allen because last season and then in Tampa game he stayed with a QB who was hurt and obviously not able to make basic throws over bringing in Allen.   

Don’t give me Cam was still better option.  Again , if that was the case then why is Allen still on the roster if he’s not better than a QB who can’t make basic throws.   

I think that decision making process had less to do with what was the best option and more to do what was most likely to save Ron's ass.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Would be good for us lol. Dude is a game manager in the NFL at best.

The only QBs I would take this year are:

1. Tua (but at 6'1" some will pass)

2. Hurts (has a reputation of being inaccurate but he's been lights out with OK and if he continues to show out against tougher competition he could be a steal in this draft with a similar skill set to Cam but debatably more accurate)

3. Justin Herbert (a little bit of a project but solid upside)

4. Sam Ehlinger

Burrow, Fromm, Love, and Stanley are all "fool's gold"

Tua being left handed could be very beneficial for us considering this organization isn’t capable of finding a left tackle worth a damn. 

Burrow is basically Ryan Mallet

Eason is a poor mans Josh Allen

I’d love to see us lure Riley here and then if he wants Hurts I’d take him. Hurts has looked good but he under throws his deep ball often which is a concern. 

I wish we would’ve make a run at Tannehill this past offseason. Guys like Tannehill and Mariota aren’t going to break the bank they may not be the worst stop gap choices. We don’t need to go into a full rebuild, we have pieces we just need a average QB

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Would please inform the Panthers coaching staff post haste... 

One of the reasons I'm really hoping we go with an offensive head coach in the future is that they're way more likely to pay attention to the O-Line.

I think we've seen enough defensive head coaches.

Archived