• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believe in Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Don't think that distinction was mentioned by me.  The thread title is about "believing in Kyle Allen".  And my response was, "Duh".

Yet this thread and others are inundated with those wanting the Panthers to tank for either a better draft position or the end of the Rivera/Hurney regime.  Not to mention the delight of the cam-haters.

Hence why I said "I want to believe".

Heck, I want to believe that Darryl Williams can be a cornerstone left tackle, but what I've seen so far doesn't support it.

Yes, "fan" is short for "fanatic", but it isn't short for "delusional".

The upside to a bad season is watching many of you devolve into blubbering, screaming wretches over a game we have zero control over. 

The team survived Clausen, it will survive whatever this is. 

Until they scrape him off the field, I'll believe in Kyle Allen's ability to manage a game and spread the ball around. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Objectively speaking, right now I don't believe Kyle Allen is good enough to lead the team to victory.

But I hope I'm wrong.

I like you Mr. Scot, so please don't take this the wrong way.  But do you ever notice how your "hot takes" are almost always ambivalent?

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It depends. We would be better off accumulating multiple first round picks. If we only get1 first round pick I'm not sure a quarterback would be wise to throw behind this OL and with this average to sub-par receiving core.

But, if I had to pick a quarterback, I'm currently leaning towards Jalen Hurts. He's a little more mobile than Tua and he's playing lights out right now at Oklahoma. He's rocking an 80.3% completion rate and he's ran for over 300 yards.

Hurts is certainly working his way into being a potential first round pick.  Super early mock on CBS has us taking Jordan Love from Utah St at 13.

Just now, Skack25 said:

Hurts is certainly working his way into being a potential first round pick.  Super early mock on CBS has us taking Jordan Love from Utah St at 13.

Oh dear God no. He might be 6'4" but the dude's QBR is 60th in the country and he's not much of a runner either. I would be disgusted with that pick lol. Would rather bolster the OL with a 1st round pick and wait another year for Trevor Lawrence.

There are a lot of QB targets coming out in 2020 that might look appealing but won't pan out. I consider Jake Fromm to be another "bust" pick for whoever is interested.

4 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

I like you Mr. Scot, so please don't take this the wrong way.  But do you ever notice how your "hot takes" are almost always ambivalent?

I don't do hot takes.

I'll always tell you exactly what I think, but the thing about being a Panther fan is that what I think will happen and what I hope will happen are often at odds.

Archived