• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believe in Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

I'm a Kyle Allen fan. 

Actually I'm a fan of Grier and Newton also.  Count Rivera and Hurn-dog in there as well.

Weird, huh?

I'm a fan of the Panthers.

When there are people whose presence makes the Panthers worse, I'm not a fan of those people.

I'm not a fan of Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera.

If I were Coach Rivera, I'd ask Jake Delhomme to give Allen a call sometime this week and explain that it can be done and a no name guy can literally come off the bench and take a team to the Super Bowl.

Delhomme had Todd Steussie and Jeno James watching his blind side, with Kris Mangum and Jermaine Wiggins as TEs. A young Jordan Gross was manning the RT spot (make your own Moton comparison) with Kevin Donnalley and a veteran Jeff Mitchell at center. Honestly, Allen's got a better grouping in front of him with massive upgrades at the tight end position.

CMC offers more options than Stephen Davis (who was a hard nosed runner of the highest caliber) and I think Armah is a nice successor to Brad Hoover, if used properly. And while Moose and Smitty were incendiary that year, there's a lot to cheer about with Samuel and DJ. 

If Allen goes out there and somehow finds that ultimate underdog magic that Jake had, this could work. Just like back then, we've got a defense that can keep us in just about any game.

Or at least, that's what I'm hoping.

25 minutes ago, t96 said:

Saints played their starters on D and most on offense too. Pretty much only one who sat was Brees, and Kamara only played a handful of snaps. The D didn’t change much and Thomas and their starting OL played the whole game. Of course, you can question how much game planning went into it but he wasn’t facing backups last year.

Scot knows.

He has an agenda.

30 minutes ago, t96 said:

Saints played their starters on D and most on offense too. Pretty much only one who sat was Brees, and Kamara only played a handful of snaps. The D didn’t change much and Thomas and their starting OL played the whole game. Of course, you can question how much game planning went into it but he wasn’t facing backups last year.

That same Saints team almost went to the Super Bowl just a few weeks later.

I think you'd have a pretty difficult time suggesting that we got their best players or best effort on that day, especially when they had nothing to play for.

That game was basically a glorified preseason exhibition.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm a fan of the Panthers.

When there are people whose presence makes the Panthers worse, I'm not a fan of those people.

I'm not a fan of Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera.

Fan is short for fanatic.  That means I'm not worried about whether my feelings and/or opinions are "right" or how much pie I get on a message board.  I have no illusions that I am an armchair GM or coach or even owner.  But I am a fanatic when it comes to the Carolina Panthers.  I root for these current members of the Carolina Panthers to succeed.  I don't care that the Kalil's aren't starters for their new teams.  Or that CJ was released again.  And I'm certainly not interested in the opinions of pat fans and saint fans.

#keeppounding  

Archived