• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Never forget, Everything happening now was always a known possibility/probablitity

Jeremy Igo

Hurney and Rivera knew full well the chances of Cam playing an entire season were very low. Everyone knew to stay very cautiously optimistic and hoped for a real contingency plan this year.

Cam being out is not an excuse. It is not some sort of unknown variable. It was always part of the problem with this season.

That said, this is not an excuse for Hurney or Rivera. They must win or they must go.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hurney and Rivera knew full well the chances of Cam playing an entire season were very low. Everyone knew to stay very cautiously optimistic and hoped for a real contingency plan this year.

Cam being out is not an excuse. It is not some sort of unknown variable. It was always part of the problem with this season.

That said, this is not an excuse for Hurney or Rivera. They must win or they must go.

From your lips to Teppers ears.

Rivera needs to earn his 3rd coach of the year award like his job depends on it. Because it does. And I'm not so sure the answer (for this season) is on the roster if Cam is going to be out an extended period of time. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what Hurney thinks.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

They better try and get Eli that's their only chance. He is better than what we have as backups. I would like to have chances to win but it won't happen with those guys. I just don't want to give up on a season this early but I guess that's what is going to happen.

Uh I wouldn’t say everything happening now...we expected cans shoulder not foot. Though I guess we don’t know how long his shoulder would’ve held up or if his issues were from the foot or shoulder or both...

But there is absolutely no reason to win out unless your name is Ron Rivera.

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

They better try and get Eli that's their only chance. He is better than what we have as backups. I would like to have chances to win but it won't happen with those guys. I just don't want to give up on a season this early but I guess that's what is going to happen.

Eli has a no trade clause and I’m pretty sure he has zero interest in joining another team. He loves the Giants and likes Daniel Jones. I think he just wants to help Jones through his rookie year then retire.

He also has an $11.5M salary we would have to figure out how to fit under the cap.

6 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

What do you give up for Eli? A 6th?

Archived