• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton not at practice today.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Raleigh PF said:

Maybe I just don't understand. 

Thursday: Cam tells the team he re-aggravated his foot injury.

Also Thursday: Okay, everyone take the next four days off.

So, they expect Allen will be good to go a week of practice? No need to change the game plan, even though Allen and Newton are not the same type of QB? 

That’s a really good point.  At 0-2 you would think they would give Allen as much practice as they could.  

28 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

So, they expect Allen will be good to go a week of practice? No need to change the game plan, even though Allen and Newton are not the same type of QB? 

There are rules governing how much you are allowed to practice and you don’t get a special exemption because the QB is hurt.

I hope we IR him.  

- Rivera and Hurney 100% guaranteed to be fired at the season; we ain't making the playoffs without Cam

- Newton gets damn the longest break of his career to refresh and reset

- Newton will return with a new coach, hopefully an offensive mind who knows how to maximize his remaining talents

- Top 10 pick

12 minutes ago, Bartin said:

There are rules governing how much you are allowed to practice and you don’t get a special exemption because the QB is hurt.

I see that the players are granted four consecutive days off during a bye week and are limited to 14 padded practices per year, but see nothing about general practice rules after a Thursday night game. 

This OL is going to send all our QBs to meet Cam in IR....good god Rivera is one clueless POS.

Imagine just how sick Cam and Luke really are that they can carry such as stupid pos like Rivera for so long. Jesus Christ just put them in the HoF literally right now as it's the biggest carry in sports history. That's how pathetically idiotic Rivera is.

I know I mentioned this before, but if you watched the season retrospective on the Panthers and you were paying any attention, you'll remember that Tepper basically had to go tell Rivera to shut down Cam at the end of last season. That was right after Rivera claimed Cam gave the team the best chance to win, despite the fact he couldn't throw a football 20 yards.

If I'm the owner, I'm not giving Rivera the opportunity to make that same mistake twice.

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

They hate him for different reasons.

its time to shut him down until he is 100% it’s pretty obvious now that his foot is the reason for no running and the large number of miss throws. 

GM and coaching staff should be fired for not having a reliable backup to play until their starter was fully healed. They’ve had plenty of time to make things happen and didn’t. They need to go.

Like today! Right f'n now.

1 hour ago, Raleigh PF said:

Let me see if I can help you a bit, and no, I'm not being condescending.

The Carolina Panthers are not a smart football team, really never have been.

That's about all you need to know.

Archived