• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton not at practice today.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

I honestly can’t really see Cam ever saying he can’t or won’t play. He is far too competitive to let a minor injury keep him off the field if he can possibly be out there. No I do feel like Ron has taken advantage of that and played him when he should have sat him for Cam’s own good but I don’t think Cam has ever not wanted to play.

What if it's not a minor injury?

It's not a question of Newton's competitive spirit, but I think we all believe that Rivera would trot him out there like the Black Knight in Monty Python if needed.

If Newton genuinely decided that he was too hurt to play even if leadership wanted him to, I can't really say I'd blame him. Certainly wouldn't think ill of him.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not a question of Newton's competitive spirit, but I think we all believe that Rivera would trot him out there like the Black Knight in Monty Python if needed.

If Newton genuinely decided that he was too hurt to play even if leadership wanted him to, I can't really say I'd blame him. Certainly wouldn't think ill of him.

If it really is his foot then that is definitely minor. I know you really don’t like Ron, understandably I might add, but he isn’t Bud Kilmer.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

If it really is his foot then that is definitely minor. I know you really don’t like Ron, understandably I might add, but he isn’t Bud Kilmer.

A foot injury isn't necessarily minor for any quarterback, but we're talking about a quarterback who runs here.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

monty python misc films GIF

Maybe I just don't understand. 

Thursday: Cam tells the team he re-aggravated his foot injury.

Also Thursday: Okay, everyone take the next four days off.

So, they expect Allen will be good to go a week of practice? No need to change the game plan, even though Allen and Newton are not the same type of QB? 

6 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Maybe I just don't understand. 

Thursday: Cam tells the team he re-aggravated his foot injury.

Also Thursday: Okay, everyone take the next four days off.

So, they expect Allen will be good to go a week of practice? No need to change the game plan, even though Allen and Newton are not the same type of QB? 

If you're starting from the premise that our team leadership typically makes good, logical decisions, I think I can tell you where the problem is.

Archived