• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton not at practice today.

Jeremy Igo

Seeing rumors flying around that this is not solely related to his foot and personal reasons is playing a significant part in this.

Want to be clear that these are definitely just rumors at this time and no one who I would in any way be deem as credible is reporting or saying this.

2 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

Maybe I just don't understand. 

Thursday: Cam tells the team he re-aggravated his foot injury.

Also Thursday: Okay, everyone take the next four days off.

So, they expect Allen will be good to go a week of practice? No need to change the game plan, even though Allen and Newton are not the same type of QB? 

The NFL and the NFLPA, in their current agreement, greatly minimizes in-season practice time.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

But whose decision is this really?

Is it conceivable that Rivera and Hurney want Cam to keep playing but he's the one telling them "no, I can't"?

No. Think.back to that scene in "All or Nothing" when Tepper and Hurney walked into that room saying " We're just going to tell him". This is happening again.

24 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Seeing rumors flying around that this is not solely related to his foot and personal reasons is playing a significant part in this.

Want to be clear that these are definitely just rumors at this time and no one who I would in any way be deem as credible is reporting or saying this.

Personal reasons = "Doesn't want to have his career ended by the Oline that can't block"

1 hour ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

Yes, he has earned the right to be given a shot with a new HC. Might just be my view because Ive wanted Rivera gone since about this time 6 years ago....

That would mean that we have yet another bad GM holding the checkbook.

We can keep Cam on the roster, see how he progresses through offseason workouts and rehab.  See if he can make all of the throws in camp, and make the decision after training camp.

If he can't throw, or get close to 100% healthy, you have to cut him loose and move on. 

Personally, I would prefer the new GM to focus on the next 10 years, not the next 10 games, so if that's the case, Cam is likely gone at the end of this season along with Marty and Ron.

Sucks, but that's the most likely outcome for any smart front office.  I would prefer to let Cam see if he can fight through this (if he wants to) rather than cut him, but that's just not likely in todays NFL.

Archived