• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predicting the Future - What we will see from here on out

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The opposition no longer feels threatened by Cam's are or Cam's legs. Thus... 

You will see the opposition stick with a single safety and stack the box with 8 or 9 guys until Cam can show he can consistently make throws. 

The #1 goal now for opposing defenses is to limit CMC and make Cam beat you. We already saw this on Thursday night and it worked. That will only encourage other teams to copy it.

If Cam truly isn't healthy enough to do the things we are accustomed to him doing, then the Panthers really need to scrap the offense that is built around him being a dual threat.

Instead,  stick to an old school hat on a hat ground and pound offense. Let Armah block for CMC in the I formation. Wear down defenses early and try to get some big plays through play action. This could buy us enough time for Cam to get his juju back. 

How to fix this:

1. Switch Moton and Williams. Maybe this moves Moton out of position, but it puts Williams back in his and, at this point, I trust Moton more than Williams. When/if Little pushes his way into the lineup, Moton becomes the LG, provided Williams is doing ok at RT.

2. Use the roster. There are 53 guys on it, so why not use them? That means Bonnafin/Scarlet need some time in the backfield and Thomas should play more. How about a lineup with Bonnafin/Scarlet in the backfield with CMC? Who gets the ball? What if CMC motions to the slot? There should be more options than the vanilla that Carolina has provided over the first two weeks.

3. Let Cam be Cam. As Ellis and others have pointed out, Cam isn't Cam unless he runs the ball. Everything just works better. No, he doesn't have to run even 10 times a game, but let him run a couple of times early and get him more involved. 

4. Bring back the A-gap blitz. That was so successful when TD and Luke were running it in 2015. Yes, teams adjusted, but don't abandon the damn thing entirely. Seems like Shaq and/or Carter could do this with Luke.

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I mean did it really work Thursday ? We are a qb sneak away from possibly closing that game. Also the lack of adjustments is what really killed us, leaving Williams out there to get booty blasted was goofy, I actually prefer teams to play that way, have fun covering Moore and Samuel 

Yes, it really did work Thursday.  1st, we lost the game.  2nd, we lost to an inferior opponent.

The best gameplan for them was exactly what they did.  They know that Cam can't beat them right now, and that Ron and Norv will NOT make adjustments.

Of course it worked.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Yes, it really did work Thursday.  1st, we lost the game.  2nd, we lost to an inferior opponent.

The best gameplan for them was exactly what they did.  They know that Cam can't beat them right now, and that Ron and Norv will NOT make adjustments.

Of course it worked.

Hindsight, if it was such a good game plan the game shouldn’t have came down to a 4th and inches, they get blown out if healthy cam is available, hell they get blown out if we had the common sense to chip Barrett. I don’t consider that a blueprint 

6 hours ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I believe we are going to turn things around starting Sunday. Cam is going to end up making opposing defenses pay on the deep ball. We just need this o-line to gel. Williams need to get it together or we need to make adjustments by putting a TE over there. All Cam need is time and the magic will be back 

Cam is done, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sit him for the year. He doesn't look into and wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to play on another team.

Archived