• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predicting the Future - What we will see from here on out

Jeremy Igo

The opposition no longer feels threatened by Cam's are or Cam's legs. Thus... 

You will see the opposition stick with a single safety and stack the box with 8 or 9 guys until Cam can show he can consistently make throws. 

The #1 goal now for opposing defenses is to limit CMC and make Cam beat you. We already saw this on Thursday night and it worked. That will only encourage other teams to copy it.

If Cam truly isn't healthy enough to do the things we are accustomed to him doing, then the Panthers really need to scrap the offense that is built around him being a dual threat.

Instead,  stick to an old school hat on a hat ground and pound offense. Let Armah block for CMC in the I formation. Wear down defenses early and try to get some big plays through play action. This could buy us enough time for Cam to get his juju back. 

6 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Your comment was about Rivera misusing our top 2 offensive players for personal gain. And I totally disagree with that.

why you think the LT wasn't getting any help?  cam injury ='s best chance ron has at keeping his job.  how else do you explain it?  i'd like any sort of answer that makes sense.  

2 minutes ago, raz said:

why you think the LT wasn't getting any help?  cam injury ='s best chance ron has at keeping his job.  how else do you explain it?  i'd like any sort of answer that makes sense.  

Maybe because they didn't expect Williams to forget how to play LT?  idk. You'll have to ask Norv Turner that question. 

1 minute ago, GRWatcher said:

Maybe because they didn't expect Williams to forget how to play LT?  idk. You'll have to ask Norv Turner that question. 

forget?  he's a right tackle coming off a major injury.  i mean it seems either malicious or stupid.  

I believe we are going to turn things around starting Sunday. Cam is going to end up making opposing defenses pay on the deep ball. We just need this o-line to gel. Williams need to get it together or we need to make adjustments by putting a TE over there. All Cam need is time and the magic will be back 

23 minutes ago, raz said:

forget?  he's a right tackle coming off a major injury.  i mean it seems either malicious or stupid.  

He was at LT all through training camp and preseason. He's not a rookie. Our rookie was in the protocol until the Tuesday before a Thursday game.

Convincing loss in Arizona, automatically becomes a lame duck year, after a loss to Houston, Olsen will retire and we will start seeing key players like CMC and Kuechly play only very sparingly. 

As far as Cam, he is definitely gone after the season. He could retire OR he could follow the Peyton Manning Broncos route and find a team with a stellar O line and sign with them. 

Xs and Os and team performance aside, the main thing that needs to be fixed is the abysmal attitude we saw on the field Thursday night. The one that comes from a long losing streak and can only be fixed by winning. We might not see a win for a long time because of this attitude, regardless of the changes to scheme. This attitude is why they’ve been losing close games at the end. This attitude is why Cam looks like he wants to retire. Physically I think he still has a couple good seasons in him. But mentally and emotionally he might not. Time will tell. They need a blowout win to erase the funk they are in, and I’m not sure that is going to happen this time around.

Archived