• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help needed - How do you enjoy the NFL in a down year for the Panthers?

Tarheels23

13 minutes ago, Tarheels23 said:

Family vacations are fun and always good, but the question was how do you enjoy other NFL games in a down year for the Panthers. 

Are you suggesting that you stop watching all together during down years?

I play cheap daily fantasy on DK. You can play small $ and still have something to root for. 

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I don't. I keep my fantasy team from my work league active and I keep throwing darts at the board to make picks for the football pool at work, but I'll regain interest when the panthers get their heads out of their arses.

You'd do better with a parrot.

I love the sport of football and used to watch pretty much every game I could (afternoon game on tv if Panthers played at 1 and all prime time games, etc.) but every year now I’ve been losing interest a little bit more, due to several factors, mainly the changing of the rules to favor offenses and then also just the bullsh*t with the league favoring certain teams and outcomes getting more and more predictable. 

This year so far I’ve only watched the Panthers games and I had the Aints game on while multitasking. After Thursday I don’t plan to watch anything tomorrow and probably won’t watch much at all outside of the Panthers. Going to the shooting range, fishing and will wash my car tomorrow, should be a lot more fun and relaxing than watching non-Panthers football.

I've always pulled for the panthers but I really didnt start following them until 2002  that was a horrid year but I watched all the games and I was so rewarded by the 2003 season.  I've only missed 2-3 games in the years that have followed, but if I wasn't watching them I was listening to them.  Keep Pounding........ now to be completely honest though.....if it turns into a real SHAT show  I've turned them off before or walked away to do other things, but if the games still in reach even if they are playing like garbage...I'm watching.   Also fantasy football does make all the other games waaaaaay more interesting.  I run 8 teams(max allowed on one account) on yahoo every year.

I follow the NFL pretty much like I follow MLB, other than Panther games.  I check the scores, look at the standings, will look at the highlights if anything catches my interest, but otherwise if I catch part of a game its because its on the tube at a restaurant.

Honestly, the NFL has made the product painful to watch for me.

I don't get to see the Panthers very much here.  My primary sports watching will be when the NHL fires up again in a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Tarheels23 said:

Family vacations are fun and always good, but the question was how do you enjoy other NFL games in a down year for the Panthers. 

Are you suggesting that you stop watching all together during down years?

I have before. When I was stationed abroad it was 3 1/2 years I didn’t watch a football game, and missed all kinds of new shows. When I came back in 2000 it wasn’t until the 2003 season I started watching football again. So from 1997-2002 I didn’t watch one football game.

i found a way in Greece to watch the 1996 season... some games and the playoffs.

in Greece/ London I saw 1997 preseason and it was obvious the Panthers would blow,..

so if it sucks

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

Archived