• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help needed - How do you enjoy the NFL in a down year for the Panthers?

Tarheels23

Serious question how do you enjoy other NFL games when the Panthers are having a down year?

Let me start off by saying I never miss a Panthers game but during a down year I won’t watch any other NFL games. I just can’t stomach it  

I just don’t find them enjoyable, but I want to change that. I’m tried of allowing the Panthers to steal my joy. 

Any my recommendations will be greatly appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, Tarheels23 said:

Serious question how do you enjoy other NFL games when the Panthers are having a down year?

Let me start off by saying I never miss a Panthers game but during a down year I won’t watch any other NFL games. I just can’t stomach it  

I just don’t find them enjoyable, but I want to change that. I’m tried of allowing the Panthers to steal my joy. 

Any my recommendations will be greatly appreciated. 

Well you can pull for the Patriots...they always win...10 straight division titles and only 1 time since 2003 they didn’t win the division 

I just enjoy the overall competition and the multiple story lines. I like using NFL gamepass and following the ups and downs of teams over the course of the year. Such an intense struggle for everyone, and I find watching the overall narrative of the league as well as that of individual teams captivating.

I even enjoy Panthers down years, believe it or not. You can't have all ups, and sometimes it can be lots of downs, but that's life. Everything is cyclical and if we didn't have downs, we'd have no reference point or appreciation for ups. Amor fati.

Go outside, to the beach, park, or anywhere where I can’t see a television.  It’s a much better life. I have become very apathetic towards all sports. Up until a few years ago I would get so angry that it would ruin the rest of my day if I watched a bad effort, nowadays I really don’t care. 

I'm also taking part in @UpstatePanther's "pick em" contest, and so is one of my parrots.

Yes... a parrot :)

For each game, I give him a choice between two treats, one representing the favorite and the other representing the underdog. His pick is determined by which one he chooses.

Laugh if you want to, but at the moment, he's winning :thinking:

He's the only one who picked the Bucs to win this past Thursday night.

16 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Go outside, to the beach, park, or anywhere where I can’t see a television.  It’s a much better life. I have become very apathetic towards all sports. Up until a few years ago I would get so angry that it would ruin the rest of my day if I watched a bad effort, nowadays I really don’t care. 

2014 ruined my Sunday - Wednesday’s. Then by Thursday I would be hopelessly optimistic again.

Archived