• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something I have noticed about Cam

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, higgs said:

I've been wondering if the change from Kalil to Paradis is more of a factor than anyone is talking about. 

I noticed multiple times on Thursday that the ball seemed to come out late.  We had a false start that I thought was really Paradis' fault, and there were numerous other times where it seemed the entire Oline was moving slightly sooner than you would expect in relation to the snap.

Its almost as if there should be some people in team leadership that should be responsible for hiring other people whose job it is to notice these kinds of tendencies.

We call these people in team leadership "Head Coach" and "General Manager".

We call the people they hire to do these things "Assistant Coaches" and "Analysts".

7 minutes ago, higgs said:

I've been wondering if the change from Kalil to Paradis is more of a factor than anyone is talking about. 

Paradis has been bad post snap blocking. Vita Vea destroyed him. Pre snap I know he calls the protections so maybe that has been an issue as well. I do want to know why our newly acquired center is the one calling the protections instead of our 9 year vet QB that has been in the same offensive system his entire career(he’s had 3 different OCs but it’s the same air Coryell system).

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well he has to catch the ball somehow. His arms come up to catch the snap. What the hell else do you want him to do?

Peyton Manning, for example, had his arms up all the time. I think Kyler Murray does the same. However, I really don’t think this is a big deal.

3 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

It's odd because he became a beast at drawing the defense off sides.  He'd get them two or three times in one drive sometimes.

I feel like at least some of that had to do with how simpatico he and Kalil were. They were together for years before he started doing that with any success. 

Archived