• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something I have noticed about Cam

Jeremy Igo

We all know the defense looks for anything they can to get a read and a jump on the snap of the football. From watching the center's fingers to the eyes of the QB widen. A lot of time is spent trying to figure out the "tells" of when the ball will be snapped. 

I noticed something about Cam on Thursday night... 

In nearly every single shotgun snap, Cam raises his arms from his side a second before the ball is snapped. This gives a clear indication to the defense the snap is coming. If I am a defensive player I am eating this up. I feel like if Cam held his arms up for the ball a few seconds before the snap is called, hell, it may make a slight difference for no extra effort. 

Anywho, just a random thought and observation. 

19 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

It's odd because he became a beast at drawing the defense off sides.  He'd get them two or three times in one drive sometimes.

Mind-boggling we moved away from trying this. Cam was a master during the 2015 season with it. 

But then again, we still haven't learned that Cam is best in the hurry up (giving him extra time to do this), we still struggle with play calling/getting them in on time, and even getting to the line without wasting time or time outs. The offense (and Cam even) have always seemed lackadaisical more often than not during drives and it drives me insane.  I get wanting to be controlled and run some clock, but there's a line. When Rivera, Shula, and Norv have been setting the tone though, makes sense we move away from creativity. 

25 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

It's odd because he became a beast at drawing the defense off sides.  He'd get them two or three times in one drive sometimes.

It’s obvious he doesn’t even try to draw teams offsides anyone.  

Archived