• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Passing Chart

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, onmyown said:

Do you guys watch the game? I don’t think that was the gameplan. Cam’s surgery and poor passing aren’t house secrets. The defenses we have played are exploiting that (which the Panthers hopefully planned for as obvious as this was going to be), are boxing up the run,  and are forcing him to throw; Norv has no choice.

It’s the reason our receivers are getting great separation and open but are over thrown, under-thrown, thrown behind etc.

And it’s not going to stop until Cam starts making those throws. There is zero reason any defense we play need to put any effort to defend Cam’s pass game.

Why is it you have nothing to say about the state of the offensive line? Does that have nothing to do with the fact that we couldn't run the ball, and Cam had defenders in his face immediately on most passing plays?

Moore impressed me, but to say our receivers were getting "great separation" is not an accurate description. When we went deep passing it was almost always down the sideline to a receiver draped in coverage.

The Panthers couldn't run the ball in just about any facet, and that is ultimately what sunk them. Historically the Panthers lose under those circumstances with Rivera.

And let's just be totally blunt about this. The Panthers have always been a run heavy team. Ron is a coach that wants to run the football. There is no excuse to not have any semblance of a running game at home against a division rival with a top 10 pick in the backfield and 3 other RB's on the roster just like there isn't any excuse for Cam's inaccuracy. Which he took responsibility for, including the loss.

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I get that. Flush a scrambler to the opposite side of the field where he has to throw across his body, but Vick was a lefty and Cam isn't really rolling out. He's basically playing like a pocket statue right now.

Good point about Vick being a lefty.  Mr. Scot is a great read, but I think he got that one wrong.

The best way to neutralize the rush from the left, and our LT's weakness, is to roll Cam to the right, with 2 crossers for him to choose from, in his direct vision.  His third choice, if the LBs back off in coverage on those crossers, is to keep it himself.  Runs like that are no peril to Cam -- it's keeping him in the pocket for blindside hits that is.

It's such a simple fix.  It takes 1/2 their pass rushers out of the play immediately, whereas they're ALL in the picture when he just stands there.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

What about 35-40, 45-50? Below 30 has been the goal most of his career. His most perfect year is an anomaly as is 15-1.

2015 Regular Season:

41-45 passes....2 games....2 wins.

36-40 passes....2 games....2 wins.

31-35 passes....4 games....4 wins.

26-30 passes....4 games....3 wins, 1 loss.

21-25 passes....4 games....4 wins.

Hell every day people cite 2015 and his MVP award in their generational talent franchise QB assertions, anomaly or otherwise it works both ways.

Bottom line, I see no evidence the team has any sort of "below 30" goal for Cam and in 2015 the average was 31ppg and 10 of 16 games he threw 30 or more passes....only 6 of 10 were passing numbers in the 20's.  Every football game is situational and some require a lot less throwing than others. 

5 hours ago, trueblade said:

Exactly. Why draft a Jim Drunkenmiller when Payton Manning is available the next year. 

Drunkenmiller was the first QB taken in '97. Manning was the first QB taken in 98.

Of course, you've got to have good people making those decisions. You absolutely draft Drunkenmiller if your coach and GM are going to take Leaf in 98.

I have zero confidence in our current coach / GM to make the right choice. 

If the decision is made that we need to draft a 1st round QB, then I don't think the current GM and coach will be around to do it.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the decision is made that we need to draft a 1st round QB, then I don't think the current GM and coach will be around to do it.

Nor would I want them to be.

If we need to do a rebuild, the last thing I want to see is it being done by the people who made the team bad enough to need a rebuild.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nor would I want them to be.

If we need to do a rebuild, the last thing I want to see is it being done by the people who made the team bad enough to need a rebuild.

To be fair, we don't need a rebuild, just a retooling at perhaps a handful of spots.  A full tear-down would be foolish when we're still a playoff team outside of those spots.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:36 AM, TheRed said:

All these running backs we have on the roster, and even Holyfield on the PS. Why is our QB who is coming off shoulder surgery throwing the ball 51 times 4 days after the season opener?

um..cause ronalds a dick...and is in over his head...again.

Archived