• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Passing Chart

Jeremy Igo

31 minutes ago, beastson said:

Did TB force us to go away from CMC? I don't recall that at all

They definitely didn't and wouldn't have been able to stop us from going to him passing wise. That's just something Norv decided to do

They did. They played cover 1(press man coverage) and put 8 in the box all night and they had a “spy” on him.

Now I do think Norv should have tried to spread the field more with wide WR splits in 11 and 10 personnel but TB made it their mission to take CMC out of the game. I really don’t like Norv but he made the correct tactical decision to go away from the CMC and favor downfield passing. I would have done so differently but downfield passing was the only option.

Open up the playbook, runs some reverses, bring in Scarlett/Bonafon in at RB and McCaffrey at slot so they cant just stack the box. Run a screen, run a fake screen to McCaffrey. It's time to get other players involved and stop becoming so predictable. McCaffrey is not unstoppable as recently proven.

William's and Moton need to switch, they are obviously very uncomfortable in their current position, William's especially. Bring in Little, something needs to change this OL because they're not meshing well to this point. 

Cam....idk what to say. I dont believe he is hurt, I think it's all mental. He is thinking too darn much about his throwing motion instead of just throwing the ball. And I'm sure William's is of no help to the situation. 

Defense would be Top 10 if we could substain offensive drives, I'd bet easily Top 5. 

Maybe as a team offensively the Panthers have historically picked coaches, who if they dont have a run game cant win.  I bet you Jake's stats are very similar to Cam's when it comes to that stat, but we all knew when Jake was the QB he wasn't winning it himself.   Cam missed a poo load of throws, Rivera is trying to save a job that he shouldn't have.  He can't ride the coat tails of a broken qb anymore and now we are learning how this mother fuger still has a job.  Missed opportunities and Cam picking up the coaching slack when he was healthy. 

7 hours ago, kaw_liga said:

I might be in the minority, but I don't think Tua is going to be a great NFL QB. I haven't watched the rest enough to get a good read yet. But I have watched Lawrence and he's a pro.

Tua - Small with suspect arm strength and not a great runner either.  Smart as hell though and has amazing accuracy.

As someone else mentioned he is surrounded by incredible playmakers at Bama.  His wideouts are ridiculously good not to mention the rest of that offense 

7 hours ago, kaw_liga said:

I might be in the minority, but I don't think Tua is going to be a great NFL QB. I haven't watched the rest enough to get a good read yet. But I have watched Lawrence and he's a pro.

Agreed, and agreed.  I'd take Jalen Hurts over Tua to QB my NFL team.

15 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

What was the stat the other night? 9 trips into Tampa territory and only 4 FGs to show for it? And that was before the last drive.

Yes, there were times when we were getting "chunk" yards on drives. Panthers would make it look easy driving down deep into Bus territory, but then, after the field was shrunk, the Bucs defense just stuck to their gameplan. That game plan was a PERFECT bend but don't break concept put into action based on what they KNEW were our limitations. 

10 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Also you should never abandon the run, you make the d coordinator job 10 times easier by doing so, they should have tried Scarlett or a two back set to see if another rb could get something going or have armah come in and lead block to create some space for cmc 

I am just dumbfounded as to why no other halfback is even getting to touch the ball. I get the whole, "feed your workhorse" thing, but you also want someone like Scarlett, who shows great potential, to get some exposure. You never know what this kid can bring to the table as a rookie, which could pay HUGE dividends latter on in the season. Heck, it could pay huge dividends this early in the season as well. And it doesn't necessarily have to be Scarlett, just see what we have as a second option.... BUILD a deep run game! Remember when that was our identity?? (ex. smash and dash)

8 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

I am just dumbfounded as to why no other halfback is even getting to touch the ball. I get the whole, "feed your workhorse" thing, but you also want someone like Scarlett, who shows great potential, to get some exposure. You never know what this kid can bring to the table as a rookie, which could pay HUGE dividends latter on in the season. Heck, it could pay huge dividends this early in the season as well. And it doesn't necessarily have to be Scarlett, just see what we have as a second option.... BUILD a deep run game! Remember when that was our identity?? (ex. smash and dash)

Because our coaches are insanely stubborn. Olsen was also gashing them. And the TE for the Bucs' week 1 opponent gashed them too. Pretty clear they're struggling to cover TEs at the moment. Hey! We have another capable receiving TE growing roots on the bench! Why not try some double TE sets with both of our receiving  TEs?

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because our coaches are insanely stubborn. Olsen was also gashing them. And the TE for the Bucs' week 1 opponent gashed them too. Pretty clear they're struggling to cover TEs at the moment. Hey! We have another capable receiving TE growing roots on the bench! Why not try some double TE sets with both of our receiving  TEs?

My gosh, we are actually LOADED with potential energy. Potential coaches would be licking their chops to get an opportunity to guide/build this team. The Panthers have talent, there is no doubt about it. I think the biggest problem, even with Cam is simply that "winning psyche". Panthers are not good being in a losing rut like this... We desperately need to just find a way to get ONE win. Nothing helps rhythm, continuity, and CONFIDENCE like winning. The Panthers need confidence at this point, when you are in a losing streak it seems like the ball just never bounces your way, I think that is also a big factor in what we are seeing with this team right now. It all starts next Sunday against the Cardinals in Arizona (I will be at that game rooting them on by the way), just come out focused, stay focused and get that first win under their belts... Have to get their swagger and mojo back, they just don't believe in themselves right now.

9 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

My gosh, we are actually LOADED with potential energy. Potential coaches would be licking their chops to get an opportunity to guide/build this team. The Panthers have talent, there is no doubt about it. I think the biggest problem, even with Cam is simply that "winning psyche". Panthers are just not good being in a losing rut like this... We desperately need to just find a way to get ONE win. Nothing helps rhythm, continuity, and CONFIDENCE like winning. The Panthers just need confidence at this point, when you are in a big losing streak it seems like the ball just never bounces your way, I think that is also a big factor in what we are seeing with this team right now. It all starts next Sunday against the Cardinals in Arizona (I will be at that game rooting them on by the way), Just come out focused, stay focused and get that first win under their belts,... Have to get their swagger and mojo back, they just don't believe in themselves right now.

Yeah, everyone used to bitch and moan about how Cam used to pout his way through pressers earlier in his career after losses but I honestly loved it. The guy HATED to lose. It ate him up and he couldn't hide it. That hatred of losing is a helluva motivator. Losing is contagious and a self fulfilling prophecy. Once it becomes the norm and becomes accepted it's time for major changes. I just wonder if Hurney and/or Ron would be here this season if we hadn't gotten that ONE meaningless week 17 vs. N.O. last year? That was one helluva skid.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, everyone used to bitch and moan about how Cam used to pout his way through pressers earlier in his career after losses but I honestly loved it. The guy HATED to lose. It ate him up and he couldn't hide it. That hatred of losing is a helluva motivator. Losing is contagious and a self fulfilling prophecy. Once it becomes the norm and becomes accepted it's time for major changes. I just wonder if Hurney and/or Ron would be here this season if we hadn't gotten that ONE meaningless week 17 vs. N.O. last year? That was one helluva skid.

Fair question... Yes, I do think they would be here regardless of that game. Tepper, along with everyone else knew the Saints would be resting their guys for that game, it was no barometer at all. You're absolutely right about losing being a self-fulfilling prophecy. That is why the ball and luck never seems to bounce our way, they have to WILL their way to ONE win then build from there. Panthers just need something, anything to build from... MOMENTUM! The talent is there, they just have to come together, and Cam needs to believe in himself again!

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We really suck passing to the right side of the field. 13/20 when passing to the left of the hashmarks. We were 11/12 passing to the left in week 1 against the Rams.

I have to wonder if it has something to do with Cam being better able to see where Daryl Williams' man is going to be coming from - because you know he's coming.

I'm no doctor, but I wonder if throwing right puts more strain on the shoulder than throwing left for a right handed quarterback. 

15 hours ago, kaw_liga said:

I don't think this is a good QB draft. I would draft best available this year, limp through next year and go all in on Lawrence.

Exactly. Why draft a Jim Drunkenmiller when Payton Manning is available the next year. 

Drunkenmiller was the first QB taken in '97. Manning was the first QB taken in 98.

Of course, you've got to have good people making those decisions. You absolutely draft Drunkenmiller if your coach and GM are going to take Leaf in 98.

I have zero confidence in our current coach / GM to make the right choice. 

Archived