• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Passing Chart

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If he is done we should have known from the limited practices he has thrown in. However if he really is done this draft is the draft to get a qb. Tua, Burrow, Fromm and Herbert all look the part. Even Brantley at South Carolina has potential...

I don't think this is a good QB draft. I would draft best available this year, limp through next year and go all in on Lawrence.

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Tepper needs to get Chud on staff so he and Norv can fix Cam ASAP. Before he extends or releases Cam he needs to see the Chud, and pay the Chud.

Chud was always a better coach than Ronald. I think he was made the scapegoat in Cleveland and wasnt really give time to implement his system. He should have a job here. I would hire him as head coach.

2 minutes ago, kaw_liga said:

I don't think this is a good QB draft. I would draft best available this year, limp through next year and go all in on Lawrence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2019/8/14/20752144/2020-nfl-draft-quarterback-prospects-tua-tagovailoa-justin-herbert-jake-fromm and this was before the season started. The LSU and Texas qb both look legit so far as well.

7 minutes ago, kaw_liga said:

I might be in the minority, but I don't think Tua is going to be a great NFL QB. I haven't watched the rest enough to get a good read yet. But I have watched Lawrence and he's a pro.

Tua is hard to evaluate since his WRs just take slants and screen to the house every other play.

Just now, rayzor said:

Coaching staff doesn't have a clue what they're doing,

Excuse during preseason was they weren't game planning. Maybe someone should tell them it's not preseason anymore.

It's either that or coaches are in full blown stupid panic mode.

I think it's Option C.

They're just not that good.

8 hours ago, Bartin said:

Please stop talking about how we needed to run the ball more. Tampa loaded the box and manned up on CMC. They dared Cam to beat single coverage down the field all night and he absolutely had no time all night. We threw the ball because we had to throw the ball. Banging your head into a loaded box for 2 yards every play would have been even worse.

Expect to see that same game plan every game until the offensive line prove they can pass protect. 

Fixed

7 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Why not use Scarlett and 1,2 punch with McCaffrey. I love me some #22 but why is the whole run offense based on him? Cam said it too. Fantasy?

McCaffrey hasn't been an MVP. McCaffrey hasn't almost single-handedly won lots of NFL games. It's Cam.

If they want to win they need to install an offense for Cam. Listen to what Cam says. He said he's fine.

Smartest thing Tepper could do is call Chud. Make sure Cam is a dud before you let go of the best QB ever in a Panther uniform.

How made would everyone be to see Cam go dominate again with another team haha. Not one QB looked good all preseason. Tells me it’s more than just Cam.

47 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

How made would everyone be to see Cam go dominate again with another team haha. Not one QB looked good all preseason. Tells me it’s more than just Cam.

If you could somehow through rest, new extension, changing the playbook, getting his old coach on staff asap, get the real Cam Newton back, you do it. That guy is a top five QB in the NFL. Do we really want him going somewhere else and coming back and running over #26 for the score.

I don't particularly think he's hurt. I think the offense has left him behind. It's not necessarily a new tailored suit, it's Troy Aikmans best.

11 hours ago, TheRed said:

All these running backs we have on the roster, and even Holyfield on the PS. Why is our QB who is coming off shoulder surgery throwing the ball 51 times 4 days after the season opener?

11 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Good point. It's really dumb. 

Do you guys watch the game? I don’t think that was the gameplan. Cam’s surgery and poor passing aren’t house secrets. The defenses we have played are exploiting that (which the Panthers hopefully planned for as obvious as this was going to be), are boxing up the run,  and are forcing him to throw; Norv has no choice.

It’s the reason our receivers are getting great separation and open but are over thrown, under-thrown, thrown behind etc.

And it’s not going to stop until Cam starts making those throws. There is zero reason any defense we play need to put any effort to defend Cam’s pass game.

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Do you guys watch the game? I don’t think that was the gameplan. Cam’s surgery and poor passing aren’t house secrets. The defenses we have played are exploiting that (which the Panthers hopefully planned for as obvious as this was going to be), are boxing up the run,  and are forcing him to throw; Norv has no choice.

It’s the reason our receivers are getting great separation and open but are over thrown, under-thrown, thrown behind etc.

And it’s not going to stop until Cam starts making those throws. There is zero reason any defense we play need to put any effort to defend Cam’s pass game.

Agree with this. People bitch about not making in game adjustments constantly. Well we actually made them against TB. Started out with heavy CMC runs and passes. We went away from the that due to TBs defense but we just couldn’t capitalize on what they were giving us.

5 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Agree with this. People bitch about not making in game adjustments constantly. Well we actually made them against TB. Started out with heavy CMC runs and passes. We went away from the that due to TBs defense but we just couldn’t capitalize on what they were giving us.

Did TB force us to go away from CMC? I don't recall that at all

They definitely didn't and wouldn't have been able to stop us from going to him passing wise. That's just something Norv decided to do

Archived