• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Passing Chart

Jeremy Igo

Everyone talking about why run on a loaded box, well if you’re not going to run we need to throw screens to counter an aggressive defense, didn’t throw but one smh. Plus not putting a te or having cmc chip all night before releasing against Barrett once it was known he was beating Williams like a drum was just idiotic 

3 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Everyone talking about why run on a loaded box, well if you’re not going to run we need to throw screens to counter an aggressive defense, didn’t throw but one smh. Plus not putting a te or having cmc chip all night before releasing against Barrett once it was known he was beating Williams like a drum was just idiotic 

Screens are a more effective tactic against a high pressure pass rush than a stacked box.

The most effective counter to a stacked box is successful downfield passing. Unfortunately, we didn't do that very well.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We really suck passing to the right side of the field. 13/20 when passing to the left of the hashmarks. We were 11/12 passing to the left in week 1 against the Rams.

I have to wonder if it has something to do with Cam being better able to see where Daryl Williams' man is going to be coming from - because you know he's coming.

It’s definitely weird. I think all of Cam’s completely wild throws, the ones that are missing by 10 feet, have been to the right side. It has to be something that’s wrong mechanically. Perhaps shoulder related?

His throws to the left are generally fine where the bad ones are normal Cam inaccuracy. The ones he is missing to the right are miles off. He does open up his body with his lead foot when throwing rather than stepping it at his target so maybe it has something to do with that?

So like when he is throwing left his opening of the body with his lead leg actually points it at the target and when he throws right he is so open that it’s hard to compensate with just his arm.

Thats the best explanation I can come up with.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Screens are a more effective tactic against a high pressure pass rush than a stacked box.

The most effective counter to a stacked box is successful downfield passing. Unfortunately, we didn't do that very well.

I would say they would have worked the numerous plays the bucs sent 5 or 6, especially a WR screen, execution would have been the biggest issue, but if we were able to block and get Moore or Samuel in the open field good luck bucs secondary 

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

It’s definitely weird. I think all of Cam’s completely wild throws, the ones that are missing by 10 feet, have been to the right side. It has to be something that’s wrong mechanically. Perhaps shoulder related?

His throws to the left are generally fine where the bad ones are normal Cam inaccuracy. The ones he is missing to the right are miles off. He does open up his body with his lead foot when throwing rather than stepping it at his target so maybe it has something to do with that?

So like when he is throwing left his opening of the body with his lead leg actually points it at the target and when he throws right he is so open that it’s hard to compensate with just his arm.

Thats the best explanation I can come up with.

Yeah, I don't know what it is but there's something there. This is back to back games where he's thrown the ball well to the left and terribly to the right. I mean, he's a combined 24/32 throwing to the left. That's 75% accuracy. That's damn good by any standard.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I don't know what it is but there's something there. This is back to back games where he's thrown the ball well to the left and terribly to the right. I mean, he's a combined 24/32 throwing to the left. That's 75% accuracy. That's damn good by any standard.

Monte Kiffin used to always rush Michael Vick heavy from the left because he wasn't as good when he ruled out to the right.

I haven't seen anybody do that sort of thing to Newton yet, but if this is a trend it won't surprise me if there's an adjustment of some sort from our opponents.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Monte Kiffin used to always rush Michael Vick heavy from the left because he wasn't as good when he ruled out to the right.

I haven't seen anybody do that sort of thing to Newton yet, but if this is a trend it won't surprise me if there's an adjustment of some sort from our opponents.

I get that. Flush a scrambler to the opposite side of the field where he has to throw across his body, but Vick was a lefty and Cam isn't really rolling out. He's basically playing like a pocket statue right now.

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He has had a few good ones to the right. Thinking specifically about the one to Curtis at the end where he was face masked before the catch. That was to the right sideline and on target. That shows he is at least capable of delivering the ball accurately to the right so that inspires some hope that he can fix it.

If he just fixes those terrible throws to the right then we might have moved the chains 3-5 times each game and we might be sitting here 2-0.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If he is done we should have known from the limited practices he has thrown in. However if he really is done this draft is the draft to get a qb. Tua, Burrow, Fromm and Herbert all look the part. Even Brantley at South Carolina has potential...

Bentley is not an NFL QB. He got injured in the first game and his backup has come in and been much better than him.

Also, adding to the problem is that DJ and Samuel just don't know how to get back on their routes after being jammed at the lines. Then again, our defense always plays with a cushion, so they get no practice doing it.

Cam's got maybe three throws a game with that shoulder (now, less later probably) and that's not making it any better.

Olsen can get out of a jam, and so he makes it, aided by the rushing of linebackers who aren't there to help cover him or are spying on CMC.

Archived