• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Passing Chart

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, ellis said:

Cover 1 will continue until they can block. Once they block, maybe someone can get open. Until then, they’ll take 22 out of the game and make cam throw into tight coverages. 

What good is getting open if the pass is over or under thrown, or behind the WR? Any team that watches tape of our LA game knows how to stop our offense.

23 minutes ago, TheRed said:

All these running backs we have on the roster, and even Holyfield on the PS. Why is our QB who is coming off shoulder surgery throwing the ball 51 times 4 days after the season opener?

Why not use Scarlett and 1,2 punch with McCaffrey. I love me some #22 but why is the whole run offense based on him? Cam said it too. Fantasy?

McCaffrey hasn't been an MVP. McCaffrey hasn't almost single-handedly won lots of NFL games. It's Cam.

If they want to win they need to install an offense for Cam. Listen to what Cam says. He said he's fine.

Smartest thing Tepper could do is call Chud. Make sure Cam is a dud before you let go of the best QB ever in a Panther uniform.

15 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Please stop talking about how we needed to run the ball more. Tampa loaded the box and manned up on CMC. They dared Cam to beat single coverage down the field all night and he absolutely failed at it. We threw the ball because we had to throw the ball. Banging your head into a loaded box for 2 yards every play would have been even worse.

Expect to see that same game plan every game until Cam proves he can beat people with his arm. 

Without the run threat Cam is not a very good QB.  Remember at the beginning of 2014 when we tried to make him a pocket passer after the ankle surgery and it didn’t go well.  They scraped that plan and we ended up making the playoffs at 7-8-1.  The problem now is I don’t think he’s physically capable of running like that anymore.

26 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Please stop talking about how we needed to run the ball more. Tampa loaded the box and manned up on CMC. They dared Cam to beat single coverage down the field all night and he absolutely failed at it. We threw the ball because we had to throw the ball. Banging your head into a loaded box for 2 yards every play would have been even worse.

Expect to see that same game plan every game until Cam proves he can beat people with his arm. 

Yeah, but at the same time, it's easy to gameplan against just one RB all game long. Norv didn't even try anybody else. Rams did. Tampa did. Sometimes getting the run game going is as simple as using another tool for the job. Norv has failed. CMC can't win the game by himself.

21 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Why not use Scarlett and 1,2 punch with McCaffrey. I love me some #22 but why is the whole run offense based on him? Cam said it too. Fantasy?

McCaffrey hasn't been an MVP. McCaffrey hasn't almost single-handedly won lots of NFL games. It's Cam.

If they want to win they need to install an offense for Cam. Listen to what Cam says. He said he's fine.

Smartest thing Tepper could do is call Chud. Make sure Cam is a dud before you let go of the best QB ever in a Panther uniform.

Unless...

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah, but at the same time, it's easy to gameplan against just one RB all game long. Norv didn't even try anybody else. Rams did. Tampa did. Sometimes getting the run game going is as simple as using another tool for the job. Norv has failed. CMC can't win the game by himself.

Scarlett or Bonnafon wouldn’t have made a difference. Now I would like to see them in the game more(or at all really) because CMC should not be playing every snap but they weren’t going to make a difference how the TB defense lined up. They had a clear game plan. They weren’t gameplanning against a single player, they were gameplanning against a single position.

41 minutes ago, Bartin said:

People are having a problem swallowing that pill. We have a QB that can’t perform basic QB functions. There are probably 30 other QBs in the league that would have us at 1-1, if not 2-0. 

21 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Scarlett or Bonnafon wouldn’t have made a difference. Now I would like to see them in the game more(or at all really) because CMC should not be playing every snap but they weren’t going to make a difference how the TB defense lined up. They had a clear game plan. They weren’t gameplanning against a single player, they were gameplanning against a single position.

That's your opinion. A different runner that day may have made a difference. Like I said Rams used two guys and so did Tampa. A one dimensional run game is much easier to defend.

Fire Rivera, Cam sucks!

Am I doing it right?

Here's my litmus test:  Would Alex Smith, the ultimate game manager at QB, have given us a better chance?

Watching the last two games, I've got to say, yes, we would have had a better chance to win with Alex Smith at QB.  The narrative all offseason was that "Cam is now healthy and ready to be Cam again".  Yes, I know he had a mid foot injury.  However, he was not on the injury report, and in that circumstance worst case scenario is you simply don't ask him to run the ball as much.

Problematically, it seems Cam is struggling to beat teams with his arm.  That's only a problem if you play QB.  Unfortunately . . .

You know what sucks?

No blue dots.

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Tampa keyed pretty much everything on McCaffrey and dared us to try to beat them with anybody else.

We couldn't, so it worked.

And while I agree we're overusing McCaffrey, the solution to beating that kind of defensive approach is most certainly not to take McCaffrey out. Heck, by doing so you weaken our offense and make the defense's job even easier.

You have to make the defense's job tougher, and the only way you do that is by getting something going at the other positions. And that's not going to happen unless we can get Newton going more consistently.

Otherwise it's going to be a long season.

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Those guys don’t get to play...coaches decision

11 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Here's my litmus test:  Would Alex Smith, the ultimate game manager at QB, have given us a better chance?

Watching the last two games, I've got to say, yes, we would have had a better chance to win with Alex Smith at QB.  The narrative all offseason was that "Cam is now healthy and ready to be Cam again".  Yes, I know he had a mid foot injury.  However, he was not on the injury report, and in that circumstance worst case scenario is you simply don't ask him to run the ball as much.

Problematically, it seems Cam is struggling to beat teams with his arm.  That's only a problem if you play QB.  Unfortunately . . .

Yup he missed so many throws and until the Panthers can beat teams with a QB throwing the ball they are going to crowd the line. 

We really suck passing to the right side of the field. 13/20 when passing to the left of the hashmarks. We were 11/12 passing to the left in week 1 against the Rams.

I have to wonder if it has something to do with Cam being better able to see where Daryl Williams' man is going to be coming from - because you know he's coming.

Archived