• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Passing Chart

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

This looks painfully similar to last week's. Was a shot taken deep down the middle of the field at all in either game? I find it hard to believe that two games in a row the defenses never left deep center uncovered 

Teams have played a ton of single high safety in the middle of the field.  We should be attacking the sidelines on that coverage.  

On a positive note we can hit the 5 yard slant to the left.   Lol

Just now, Black&BlueBubba said:

Teams have played a ton of single high safety in the middle of the field.  We should be attacking the sidelines on that coverage.  

On a positive note we can hit the 5 yard slant to the left.   Lol

I get that, but over 70 passing attempts over two games and none 20+ down the middle?

I think another big reason is the secret is out. We used to laugh at the contain Cam and double Olsen game plan, but now the gameplan is pressure Cam while taking away CMC. They don't have to contain him because this staff took his legs from him for whatever reason. Let the man take the fug off instead of waiting to get killed.

That many passing attempts is never a recipe for success for us, especially with a poo OL and a recovering Cam.  I get the run game was also almost nonexistent...but gotta try something. It's not like we were playing 2-3 scores down, yet we kept dialing up 3 passes and hoping one would work it felt like. 

Cam wasn't good...but I can't think of a worse position to put him in coaching wise than the other night. 

4 minutes ago, ellis said:

Cover 1 will continue until they can block. Once they block, maybe someone can get open. Until then, they’ll take 22 out of the game and make cam throw into tight coverages. 

Yep.

Norv doesn’t have much of a choice as long as teams continue to force them to throw and dare Cam to beat them with his arm.

It’s not rocket science as to why we had next to no running game Thursday

Please stop talking about how we needed to run the ball more. Tampa loaded the box and manned up on CMC. They dared Cam to beat single coverage down the field all night and he absolutely failed at it. We threw the ball because we had to throw the ball. Banging your head into a loaded box for 2 yards every play would have been even worse.

Expect to see that same game plan every game until Cam proves he can beat people with his arm. 

Archived