• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about beer

Jeremy Igo

16 hours ago, Captroop said:

This is a solid choice. Tis the season. But I'll say literally anything by Southern Tier is worth the money. Haven't been disappointed yet.

However, I feel like @Jeremy Igo is a guy who has his health and fitness in mind, even when he's on a depression-induced drinking binge. So I'll share my current obsession. Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty:

image.thumb.png.d1af171b240263779ad0658c2c3b610e.png

It's Dogfish Head, who make beer that is beyond reproach. And while it's slight sour notes and refreshing taste make it solidly more of a back yard BBQ on a hot day kinda beer, I say embrace it. Soak up those last few weeks of Summer!

And at the low, low cost of only 3 Weight Watchers points per can, I can have 10 of these a day and still have points left over for...well, a hard-boiled egg and a celery stick. But after 10 beers do you really care?

This is probably the best one that’s been mentioned so far. The current Hop Circus is an excellent as well. HopCircus6_web.png

Or anything by Burial. https://burialbeer.com/ 

Burial takes the cake when it comes to beers in the past year or so.

Ommegang is a brewery that constantly hits it out of the park. 

A couple of their year rounds easy to find are excellent - feeling like something deep rich and sipable for a whole half - go with three philosophers.  Want something a bit lighter w/ a hint of spice from farmhouse yeast go with Hennepin. 

On 9/14/2019 at 7:35 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

This Sunday I plan on sitting in front of my television and watching and entire day of NFL football whilst not caring about any of it. 

Give me a beer that pairs perfectly with that. 

The ultimate beer of not giving a fug is Bud Light, which I personally hate.  

PBR is a great choice for not giving a fug as well.  

On 9/14/2019 at 7:35 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

This Sunday I plan on sitting in front of my television and watching and entire day of NFL football whilst not caring about any of it. 

Give me a beer that pairs perfectly with that. 

Doesn't matter which beer, as long as there's plenty of it!

Archived