• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assess the Panthers defense this far

Jeremy Igo

If you don't realize that the defense is solid and doing their job against opposing QBs that both have great WR corps and gets tired by the second half bc they're on the field too long and don't have offensive support, i don't know what to tell ya mane

You need to seriously lower your standards bc your standards aren't realistic for the modern NFL

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I never really liked the idea of putting Luke Kuechly in a 3-4. Still don't. Yeah, he's great, but this isn't ideal (same as when we had him playing OLB his rookie season).

As to how we're doing, it's kind of hard to say so far because both of our games have been against not so great quarterbacks.

I'm kind of wondering what happens when we face a good one.

Luke had a monster game though in coverage and against the run so not sure why folks are taking issue with it

Shaq looks fine too

Given that we have only two games in the new system, we look good.  Teams typically struggle when switching schemes like this, so to not see us getting blown out is actually encouraging.

Once the players get settled in the new scheme, I think we are a T10 defense, if our line can live up to their paychecks.

To start, i think the defense has been pretty solid......saying that, I've got a question I've been wondering....are we the only team in the NFL that the defensive coordinator doesn't coordinate the defense? And since Ron is making all the calls on defense that tells me he doesn't have any faith in Washington, so why is he still here?

Archived