• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

It’s one fuging game. On a short week. With a qb who was limited all last year and missed 10 days after NE game. Rams game, lucky we had a shot. Yesterday, hopefully a fluke Cam. Oline needs work but damn, we’re not 10 games into season.  At least Cam can throw now, just has to work on timing. Hurney did an awesome with what he had to work with, give it time. As a panthers fan, all you have is optimism. Loose that and you’re not a panthers fan since we’ve never won a super bowl - optimism is the only thing that keeps us a fan. Chill the fug out. (Disclaimer, I was at the game and haven’t watched the replay yet of how bad the throws actually were. I doubt I can/will). Keep on pounding 

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

You know I’m tired of hearing we ran Cam into the ground.  So, we don’t play our QB to what...save him?  The year after the Super Bowl he took a brutal beating but you take him out?  Cam wouldn’t have that and we couldn’t do it.  For MANY years a top OT was not available in the draft or FA.  There weren’t.  It’s tough but that’s life

Guess we'll never know for sure but seems like a lot of years Cam carried this team on his back with very little talent around him. 

Ron Rivera cannot evaluate talent. Ian Thomas is behind Manhertz for some odd reason. Darryl Williams is at LT when he’s a Pro Bowl right tackle. CJ Anderson wasn’t used once, along with our running backs this year that they swore needed to relieve CMC. 

Its absolutely ridiculous. As a GM, you have to nip that in the bud. Marty isn’t capable of having the hard talks. I believe the talent on the field is enough to make a deep push in the playoffs, so the job of implementing that is on Ron. Brass balls, will probably be looking for a similar mindset to his own, if things don’t right soon. 

7 minutes ago, section514 said:

It’s one fuging game. On a short week. With a qb who was limited all last year and missed 10 days after NE game. Rams game, lucky we had a shot. Yesterday, hopefully a fluke Cam. Oline needs work but damn, we’re not 10 games into season.  At least Cam can throw now, just has to work on timing. Hurney did an awesome with what he had to work with, give it time. As a panthers fan, all you have is optimism. Loose that and you’re not a panthers fan since we’ve never won a super bowl - optimism is the only thing that keeps us a fan. Chill the fug out. (Disclaimer, I was at the game and haven’t watched the replay yet of how bad the throws actually were. I doubt I can/will). Keep on pounding 

I can respect that and your not wrong about it being one week and a short one to boot but I have to ask you, what do you expect after the last 8 years and specifically how last year went down? That last win wasn't feel good for a portion of us nor did it alleviate the 7 games before it. Coming out like this is just a continuation of last year.

8 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

He is not out there playing, Cam is injured and we started losing only after that happened.

While all this is true, this organization had an entire off season to find an experienced backup QB for Cam and failed to do so.

We are essentially no better off at QB today than when the team started this losing streak half way through last season.

That is on Hurney.

Hurney left this team in a post-lockout, salary cap hell in which we had to completely unfug his fugery.

He comes back to a team better and more successful than his entire tenure with a balanced checkbook waiting for him and we are going to pretend that he did his job when we went 7-9 after a solid start and are now 0-2 with less than a 15% shot at making the playoffs?

This isn't the 2013 team that went 1-3 to start before winning 10 straight. Cam is not ok. We are forcing a RT to play LT. The staff is still incapable of managing the clock yet bases the entire gameplan for Sundays on clock control. A LOT is going wrong with this team and Hurney is part of the reason as well.

This team came into the season knowing that QB was a question mark and the OL was not good enough. The answer? A 3rd rd comp pick on a local kid that has looked terribad, a reach on a LT that they tried to trade up into the first for that was regularly killed by talent evaluators, a 6th round swing lineman, and a center coming off of a rough leg break. Need WRs that can get separation? Go bring in the league leader in separation but only use him for ST.

Those in charge have not done their jobs.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:33 PM, Toomers said:

I read through the responses and I still see nothing to help you(or anyone) understand this “improved” talk. 

Facts are usually where things go sideways when discussing Hurney. 

OK, thank you.   Now I feel perfectly fine going back to my original stance.  Instead of hoping that Marty is somehow better and more prepared than his first stint, I'll just go with logic instead.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Every single "please give me some reasons to sway my opinion" thread is bullshit because the OP is already set in his ways and is just looking for an argument. No need to feed into a group of 14-year-olds calling each other names.

That just cannot be so?????

The point of the thread was for folks who have been using the verbiage "Hurney 2.0" as if he was miraculously better than before.  I did not believe so, hence me asking them for what they have seen that convinced them that was so.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, Icege said:

Hurney left this team in a post-lockout, salary cap hell in which we had to completely unfug his fugery.

He comes back to a team better and more successful than his entire tenure with a balanced checkbook waiting for him and we are going to pretend that he did his job when we went 7-9 after a solid start and are now 0-2 with less than a 15% shot at making the playoffs?

This isn't the 2013 team that went 1-3 to start before winning 10 straight. Cam is not ok. We are forcing a RT to play LT. The staff is still incapable of managing the clock yet bases the entire gameplan for Sundays on clock control. A LOT is going wrong with this team and Hurney is part of the reason as well.

This team came into the season knowing that QB was a question mark and the OL was not good enough. The answer? A 3rd rd comp pick on a local kid that has looked terribad, a reach on a LT that they tried to trade up into the first for that was regularly killed by talent evaluators, a 6th round swing lineman, and a center coming off of a rough leg break. Need WRs that can get separation? Go bring in the league leader in separation but only use him for ST.

Those in charge have not done their jobs.

There's no doubt things are looking rough. But things have been looking rough with this OL going back to the previous GM where we were converting defensive linemen to protect our QB's blindside.

If you'll still defend Vernon Butler to this day, I see no reason to not give Greg Little the benefit of the doubt at least the rest of the season. Especially since he has been in the concussion protocol.

As for Paradis, he was unfortunately our lone option after our longtime center decided to retire only to unretire before the season and go play elsewhere. At that point the Panthers were rolling the dice with whatever they had with limited options either way.

Where we are now with the state of the offensive line is because of mistakes by two different general managers.

Archived