• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Hurney 2.0 is just not overpaying but his talent evaluation is still poo. You see the product on the field. Hogan isnt being used. Hes not on the same page with Ron. Little is the latest waste pick.

Dammmmm 2 games in on a rookie season and dude is already a wasted pick. Who’d a thunk it?!?

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Yea, I wasn't sure where you were going with the GM not being able to fire Ron.  At the very least he should be sitting in Dave's office right now explaining that he thought that he had put together a winning roster, and trying to explain to him why it's not.  IMO Ron does have a lot to do with that.

My guess?  He ain't doing that.

How on Earth could Hurney think that Cam is actually healthy though?  Clean up surgery and no hits what so ever until live action...and he immediately gets hurt again (ankle/foot)?

That’s before the ankle injury tho, I thought we were right on schedule for cam’s Return prior to the ankle issue. I agree he should be rolling out a laundry list of moves he made to improve this roster but not just yet, I’d wait until the fork is officially inserted. Idk what Tepper told hurney and co, like I said I’m far more inclined to believe he chose to stick it out with Rivera for one more year, but I’m not sure if Tepper also gave him a long enough leash to fire Rivera bring in a new coach, because we know there would at least be two more seasons of hurney at gm if that happened 

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

That’s before the ankle injury tho, I thought we were right on schedule for cam’s Return prior to the ankle issue. I agree he should be rolling out a laundry list of moves he made to improve this roster but not just yet, I’d wait until the fork is officially inserted. Idk what Tepper told hurney and co, like I said I’m far more inclined to believe he chose to stick it out with Rivera for one more year, but I’m not sure if Tepper also gave him a long enough leash to fire Rivera bring in a new coach, because we know there would at least be two more seasons of hurney at gm if that happened 

I don't think for a skinny second that Cam is healthy.  I didn't believe it last offseason, and I didn't believe it this off season.

What we heard coming out of training camp is exactly what we NEEDED to hear to show up to fan fest, to pay for our season tickets, to buy more hats and stickers, and to not tip our hats to the rest of the NFL.

Another poster asked me the other day if I just thought that the staff was lying about Cam's shoulder being OK, or somewhat OK....hell yes I believe they were lying...although they prefer to call it "gamesmanship" in the NFL.

I won't believe that Cam is OK, not great, just OK until he can make NFL level throws on a consistent basis....for a full season and off season.  It's been a LONG time since that was the case, and I'm bummed about it.

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I don't think for a skinny second that Cam is healthy.  I didn't believe it last offseason, and I didn't believe it this off season.

What we heard coming out of training camp is exactly what we NEEDED to hear to show up to fan fest, to pay for our season tickets, to buy more hats and stickers, and to not tip our hats to the rest of the NFL.

Another poster asked me the other day if I just thought that the staff was lying about Cam's shoulder being OK, or somewhat OK....hell yes I believe they were lying...although they prefer to call it "gamesmanship" in the NFL.

I won't believe that Cam is OK, not great, just OK until he can make NFL level throws on a consistent basis....for a full season and off season.  It's been a LONG time since that was the case, and I'm bummed about it.

If that’s the case, which is very plausible, fire the entire staff, there’s no excuse to have a injured cam out there when we’ve already saw what that yielded us 

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

If that’s the case, which is very plausible, fire the entire staff, there’s no excuse to have a injured cam out there when we’ve already saw what that yielded us 

This is why the Panthers can't have nice things.  They have already driven Cam into the ground just like they're trying to do with CMC.

Diversifying our offense seems to be too much to ask of this coaching staff.

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

He's not great but he's better than Gettleman. If Cam was even half of his former self we would have certainly made the playoffs last season and would be 2-0 right now. Gettleman left this team in a real mess with many holes and you can't expect every one of them to be filled immediately. I'm hoping we clean house from the top down and that includes Hurney but to try and pin our problems on him is absurd.

So are there actual reasons or facts behind any of these statements, or just your usual “cause I said so” schtick? 

Let’s start with defining your use of “better”. In what way is he better than DG? 

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This is why the Panthers can't have nice things.  They have already driven Cam into the ground just like they're trying to do with CMC.

Diversifying our offense seems to be too much to ask of this coaching staff.

You know I’m tired of hearing we ran Cam into the ground.  So, we don’t play our QB to what...save him?  The year after the Super Bowl he took a brutal beating but you take him out?  Cam wouldn’t have that and we couldn’t do it.  For MANY years a top OT was not available in the draft or FA.  There weren’t.  It’s tough but that’s life

5 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I was having a quick chat about this in another thread, decided to throw it up here to see if I can be swayed.

It's been said around here over and over that Marty 2.0 seems to have learned his lessons, seems to be smarter, seems better prepared, etc....I'm just curious what those posters are seeing (and possibly even Tepper) that I'm not seeing?

Can some of you guys help me out?

What is the record of the team since he came back?

How many playoff games have we been to, and won?

How have we stacked up against the division?

What key players have been extended, and were the contracts good?

How has roster management been?

How have we drafted since his return?

Just need a little help appreciating Marty a bit more.

I read through the responses and I still see nothing to help you(or anyone) understand this “improved” talk. 

Facts are usually where things go sideways when discussing Hurney. 

24 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

I have minor gripes about Hurney 2.0 but overall he is competent enough.  Got the team younger, cleared cap space, parted with unneeded vets such as T.Smith etc.  

He put us in a position to contend, the rest is up to coach and players.

I really wonder what his plan was at LT?  Did he sign D Williams to play LT or did he think Little would be ready?  Right now Williams appears to be a downgrade from Clark. 

Archived