• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Well that also isn’t a hurney issue, that’s a Rivera one for choosing to switch players positions, Rivera is far a bigger issue than hurney. We got guys like armah, Ian Thomas, and Scarlett barely touching the field 

Just says that Hurney is dumb enough to trust Ron with personnel decisions, when we all KNOW he is awful at it.

Not helping.

Just now, thefuzz said:

Just says that Hurney is dumb enough to trust Ron with personnel decisions, when we all KNOW he is awful at it.

Not helping.

What else can he do lol, he can’t fire him to my knowledge, I’m looking at a talented roster being held back by incompetent coaching. What specifics moves are you referring to that hurney has made that are costing us on the field? And be realistic 

Another dumbass thread playing the blame game for poo a person can't control.. GM can only control what's he puts on paper.. Not how they are used on the field.. On paper this team looks like a playoff team.. Hurney in the offseason (with little money) .  Got the pieces to switch the team to a 3/4, got pieces to help or improve the Oline, And tried to get backups for important position.. He can't help how Ron decides to use the tools he has been given..

21 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Another dumbass thread playing the blame game for poo a person can't control.. GM can only control what's he puts on paper.. Not how they are used on the field.. On paper this team looks like a playoff team.. Hurney in the offseason (with little money) .  Got the pieces to switch the team to a 3/4, got pieces to help or improve the Oline, And tried to get backups for important position.. He can't help how Ron decides to use the tools he has been given..

Sweet.  That's the answer I was looking for.  Explains it all.

I'm now fully onboard with Hurney 2.0, and clearly see what everyone else saw during the offseason.

Sorry to take up your time, back to winning games.

35 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

What else can he do lol, he can’t fire him to my knowledge, I’m looking at a talented roster being held back by incompetent coaching. What specifics moves are you referring to that hurney has made that are costing us on the field? And be realistic 

Why exactly would a GM not be allowed to fire a head coach?

Richardson requested that Rivera be kept for one year. Gettleman could have fired him anytime after that, but we were winning and they had a good relationship so why would he?

Now Richardson's gone, and Tepper has given no indication that he's holding anyone back from doing what they want. So yes, Marty could fire Ron if you wanted to, though there's no real indication that he's so inclined.

As to specific problematic moves, there were plenty of them discussed earlier in the thread.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Why exactly would a GM not be allowed to fire a head coach?

Richardson requested that Rivera be kept for one year. Gettleman could have fired him anytime after that, but we were winning and they had a good relationship so why would he?

Now Richardson's gone, and Tepper has given no indication that he's holding anyone back from doing what they want. So yes, Marty could fire Ron if you wanted to, though there's no real indication that he's so inclined.

As to specific problematic moves, there were plenty of them discussed earlier in the thread.

Well if this is true than hurney attached his hitch to the wrong person, so whatever happens happens. But there’s also no indication of either, but I’m more inclined to believe hurney thought this team was playoff bound given a healthy cam, which I think we at believe/believed. If hitching his wagon to Rivera’s is his biggest mistake I can wholeheartedly agree with that 

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Well if this is true than hurney attached his hitch to the wrong person, so whatever happens happens. But there’s also no indication of either, but I’m more inclined to believe hurney thought this team was playoff bound given a healthy cam, which I think we at believe/believed. If hitching his wagon to Rivera’s is his biggest mistake I can wholeheartedly agree with that 

Hurney fell on his sword to keep Richardson from firing Rivera back in 2012.

I think it's pretty safe to say that they're "hitched" to each other. And if they do go down, I firmly expect them to go down together.

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yea, I wasn't sure where you were going with the GM not being able to fire Ron.  At the very least he should be sitting in Dave's office right now explaining that he thought that he had put together a winning roster, and trying to explain to him why it's not.  IMO Ron does have a lot to do with that.

My guess?  He ain't doing that.

How on Earth could Hurney think that Cam is actually healthy though?  Clean up surgery and no hits what so ever until live action...and he immediately gets hurt again (ankle/foot)?

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I was having a quick chat about this in another thread, decided to throw it up here to see if I can be swayed.

It's been said around here over and over that Marty 2.0 seems to have learned his lessons, seems to be smarter, seems better prepared, etc....I'm just curious what those posters are seeing (and possibly even Tepper) that I'm not seeing?

Can some of you guys help me out?

What is the record of the team since he came back?

How many playoff games have we been to, and won?

How have we stacked up against the division?

What key players have been extended, and were the contracts good?

How has roster management been?

How have we drafted since his return?

Just need a little help appreciating Marty a bit more.

Hurney 2.0 is just not overpaying but his talent evaluation is still poo. You see the product on the field. Hogan isnt being used. Hes not on the same page with Ron. Little is the latest waste pick.

Just now, thefuzz said:

Yea, I wasn't sure where you were going with the GM not being able to fire Ron.  At the very least he should be sitting in Dave's office right now explaining that he thought that he had put together a winning roster, and trying to explain to him why it's not.  IMO Ron does have a lot to do with that.

My guess?  He ain't doing that.

How on Earth could Hurney think that Cam is actually healthy though?  Clean up surgery and no hits what so ever until live action...and he immediately gets hurt again (ankle/foot)?

Did they think it, or did they hope it?

I'm more inclined to believe it was the second.

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Hurney 2.0 is just not overpaying but his talent evaluation is still poo. You see the product on the field. Hogan isnt being used. Hes not on the same page with Ron. Little is the latest waste pick.

My hope, is that he not being allowed to overpay.

We probably should have locked down Bradberry in the offseason long term, and Shaq too...neither got a new deal, something very strange for a defensive minded team/HC, and a GM known for paying "his guys".

(although it could be argued that neither of those players are "his guys" which would throughly piss me off if that were the case)

Hurney is definitely not DG when it comes to evaluating talent. I doubt Hurney would've been able to find players in UDFA like Norwell or Philly Brown. Filling up a roster with quality depth is just as important as drafting all-pros in the first round. DG was able to fill gaps in the roster with guys who could come in and the drop off wasn't noticeable when they took the field. If Luke or Shaq ever go down the LB core is in shambles.

Archived