• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

Just now, Shotgun said:

Yet the longer he's here the worse we get.

Missing my overall point. Which is when your replacement gives you no Big Tymers then gets his roll on, it’s hard to compete. You have got to see how poor drafting in round 1 over the past 5 years is affecting the current team, it’s blatantly obvious 

10 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

My point was Gettleman poo the bed with first round picks. Also TD...he gone.

We won with significantly more consistency when Gettleman was in charge then we did with Hurney.That's the only thing that ultimately matters.

The NFL doesn't give out trophies for making good first round draft picks.

And no, Marty doesn't get to claim credit for the success of a team that was built three years after he was fired. That's one of the stupidest takes on this board.

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The Panthers would look a lot better to fans if there were a healthy QB on the roster capable of being a game manager.

We don't need a superstar QB, we require one that can deliver basic throws on time/on target.

....brad johnson was a ninth round pick...he got a ring.

6 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Missing my overall point. Which is when your replacement gives you no Big Tymers then gets his roll on, it’s hard to compete. You have got to see how poor drafting in round 1 over the past 5 years is affecting the current team, it’s blatantly obvious 

Kind of funny how all of Marty's best years came when he still had a significant roster influence from his predecessors. And yet the years when he's had full control have tended to be garbage 

We were 12-4 just a few years ago, on a team that Gettleman built.

Two years later, with Hurney in charge, we look like crap.

Trying to blame Gettleman for a roster that was built two years after his firing is just as blatantly stupid is trying to credit Hurney for one that came three years after his.

20 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

My point was Gettleman poo the bed with first round picks. Also TD...he gone.

Vernon Butler is literally the only bust

KB put out a solid rookie season, hurt his knee and then went down the Deangelo Williams mental drain.

Shaq? Solid.

Star? Solid.

CMC? Elite.

Gettleman has sixteen picks from 2013 - 2015. From those picks, we got Star (2013 1st), KK (2013 2nd), AJ (2013 5th), Turner (2014 3rd), Shaq (2015 1st), and DWill (2015 3rd). That's not even counting guys that contributed like Boston, Bene, Funchess, and Mayo.

Meanwhile, Marty gets TWENTY FIVE DRAFT PICKS from 2009 - 2011 and we end up walking away with only Captain Munnerlyn (2009 7th), Greg Hardy (2010 6th), and Cam Newton (2011 1st). His first picks in 2009 & 2010? Everette Brown and Jimmy Clausen.

Hurney 2.0 has shown that he has improved, but not enough to retain through this poo storm we are dealing with now.

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

How anyone thought Hurney was anything other than Hurney is fuggin hysterical.

It's weird.

Maybe it's just being a fan, but I'm just not wired that way...this thread isn't helping.

I don't trust Ron when he says that he's bringing in a game manager type position to help him on game day.  Don't trust him when he says he getting dynamic and needed to do some self scouting.  Didn't trust the word coming out of TC that Cam's shoulder was all good, and I don't trust that Hurney is a bit different than his first stint here.

Ron and Marty are who they are, and we have read this book before.

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Didn’t know hurney refused to call a qb sneak on the goal line on 4th and inches, let’s blame him for global warming too

Nah, I'll blame him for the offensive line that we have on this roster instead.

But this isn't about last night, this is about all off season hearing about how much better Marty 2.0 is...I'm trying to figure out exactly what made people feel that way?

Just now, thefuzz said:

Nah, I'll blame him for the offensive line that we have on this roster instead.

But this isn't about last night, this is about all off season hearing about how much better Marty 2.0 is...I'm trying to figure out exactly what made people feel that way?

Well that also isn’t a hurney issue, that’s a Rivera one for choosing to switch players positions, Rivera is far a bigger issue than hurney. We got guys like armah, Ian Thomas, and Scarlett barely touching the field 

Archived