• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

As many on here know, I am not a fan of Marty Hurney.

Objectively speaking though, I think he put the team in position to succeed this season - If Cam is healthy. A lot of the moves made us look like contenders on paper. 

The failings of the team so far are on the coaching staff.

Having said that though, Hurney and Rivera have never won with Hurney as the team's architect. They just don't produce winning seasons together. Changes need to be made this offseason and I expect a house cleaning. 

36 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

As many on here know, I am not a fan of Marty Hurney.

Objectively speaking though, I think he put the team in position to succeed this season - If Cam is healthy. A lot of the moves made us look like contenders on paper. 

The failings of the team so far are on the coaching staff.

Having said that though, Hurney and Rivera have never won with Hurney as the team's architect. They just don't produce winning seasons together. Changes need to be made this offseason and I expect a house cleaning. 

I think part of the key to understanding Hurney's moves goes back to what I mentioned being told by a former employee.

Marty is always in "win now" mode. As far as the future, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. His being under pressure to win this season in order to save his job obviously wasn't going to alter that, but that was his default mode anyway.

In addition, Marty does believe that it's possible to be only one or two players away from a championship team. He's believed it ever since 2003, so again it's all geared to going for broke every single season and not worrying about the aftermath until that time comes.

Basically, he's like a poker player who goes all in on every single hand.

It's just not a good way to run an NFL franchise.

17 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Chase Daniels ???

And this is why I said hindsight, you just listed a bunch of free agents you wouldn’t have signed and elected to improve the o line in free agency, when every o line got PAID in 2018 free agency

now signing Chase Daniels(if this is the right one you’re referring to) this dude isnt even qualified to be a solid backup,and tyrod who had a 16 million dollar price tag was feasible back then ??

this isn’t adding up  

Yes, Chase Daniel.

I listed 2 backup QB's that I thought would be a good idea to try to get into the building, not a bunch of FA's.

Chase signed a 2 year 10M deal just last offseason to back up Mitchell, we could use him right now don'tcha think?

Tyrod is sitting behind Rivers on a 2 year 11M deal.

Backup QB is an important position if you really want to make the playoffs, a decent one could have gotten us there last season.

Those are two examples that I brought up over the past couple of offseason's, there are more out there, Marty wasn't interested.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Yes, Chase Daniel.

I listed 2 backup QB's that I thought would be a good idea to try to get into the building, not a bunch of FA's.

Chase signed a 2 year 10M deal just last offseason to back up Mitchell, we could use him right now don'tcha think?

Backup QB is an important position if you really want to make the playoffs, a decent one could have gotten us there last season.

Those are two examples that I brought up over the past couple of offseason's, there are more out there, Marty wasn't interested.

Why are you listing tyrod’s deal this season when you said last season is when you wanted these guys on the roster?

You do realize not only did tyrod cost 16 million last season the browns also had to trade to get him on the roster, are you advocating that we should have traded for tyrod and take on his 16 million dollar cap hit?

again chase Daniels career stats are 3tds and 2int, this is the proven backup that would have came in last year and won 4 games? 

Kyle Allen at this point has proven more than chase Daniels 

This is extreme hindsight, because if we traded for tyrod there’s 3-4 players that we wouldn’t have been able to sign last season. 

7 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Yes, Chase Daniel.

Where is this Chase Daniel love coming from?? He’s done nothing in this league. We’re talking about the “legit backup” who the Saints opted not to re-sign, and instead trade a third round pick for Bridgewater to back up Brees? Are you just naming people you’ve heard of?

• 1 month later...

Archived