• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

1 minute ago, panther4life said:

You’ve lost any ability to remain rational about this subject, if you’re trying to compare the Gano contract vs Kalil. 

Gano being on I.R and Kalil out of the league is completely different. Not to mention you’re speaking of Gano’s total contract vs the dead money on Kalil’s deal nevermind the countless millions he wasted against our cap while on the roster.

He cost 10M while on the roster. That’s not effecting is now. That 14.7M sure is. Just like Gano’s money last year this year and next year does. It’s the difference between Butker’s salary vs Gano’s. It all adds up. And while it’s not as bad as Kalil’s, one was trying to fix a premium position(with horrible judgement). One was on a average at best PK. And Gano being on IR is the same as dead money. It’s actually 1M more. Please don’t act like Gano is coming back. 

I’ve done nothing but use facts. But I’m not rational. You haven’t given one thing but “cause I said so” and excuses and blame everyone else. I’ve stated the basis for my opinions over and over. How about you? Wanna try? That would be rational. 

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah why tf would you quote me and bring me into a discussion or player I haven’t brought up or mentioned, wtf kind of sense does that make ? Just launch me right into an argument I don’t want anything to do with huh? Do better 

ganos 15 mil is over the course of 3 seasons which allows more flexibility, kalils was over the course of a single season. There’s the main difference there, just speaking about those contracts specifically. Also I don’t think anyone cares as much as long as there’s a better replacement in place.  Tyrod was a waste of 16m for Cleveland but no one cares because they had baker 

So you never mentioned Kalil’s contract in a negative way towards the current team structure. Or as something Hurney has to deal with? I know the answer cause I’m staring at a bunch of them, but go ahead and say you haven’t. And Kalil’s is spread over 4 years. So if 5M is no big deal. How is 6.25M so bad? Isn’t that “nitpicking”? 

44 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So you never mentioned Kalil’s contract in a negative way towards the current team structure. Or as something Hurney has to deal with? I know the answer cause I’m staring at a bunch of them, but go ahead and say you haven’t. And Kalil’s is spread over 4 years. So if 5M is no big deal. How is 6.25M so bad? Isn’t that “nitpicking”? 

I’ve mentioned that in this thread? Please go find where I mention anything relevant to the previous gm let alone Kalil before you interjected him into this convo for god knows what reason. Another poster already said the same thing I said because his hit came all at once 

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’ve mentioned that in this thread? Please go find where I mention anything relevant to the previous gm let alone Kalil before you interjected him into this convo for god knows what reason. Another poster already said the same thing I said because his hit came all at once 

I never said you did in this thread. But you have mentioned it numerous times in others. Exactly what I said? 

Answer how 15M only matters at certain times? That’s all. I think they are both horrible. But you seem to think ones OK. Why is that? No deflection. Just an answer. 

48 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I never said you did in this thread. But you have mentioned it numerous times in others. Exactly what I said? 

Answer how 15M only matters at certain times? That’s all. I think they are both horrible. But you seem to think ones OK. Why is that? No deflection. Just an answer. 

What the hell does that have to do with this thread specifically made to outline why hurney 2.0 has accomplished ?? I guess we mines as well start talking about obj smoking the jets too while we’re all off topic tf.

i didn’t see either weren’t bad, ones hitting you all at once the other is hitting you year to year, that’s the difference I said that earlier. 

30 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

What the hell does that have to do with this thread specifically made to outline why hurney 2.0 has accomplished ?? I guess we mines as well start talking about obj smoking the jets too while we’re all off topic tf.

i didn’t see either weren’t bad, ones hitting you all at once the other is hitting you year to year, that’s the difference I said that earlier. 

I would say a 15M mistake has everything to do with whether Hurney 2.0 has improved or not. Want to explain how it doesn’t. 

And which one hits all at once. As I stated,  what’s the difference in 5M/yr and 6.25/yr? Nothing. Especially if 15M isn’t bad. 

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

Every word in this post is an excuse. Or just plain false. 

Im sure you don’t want to talk about Torrey Smith. You spent countless posts telling us what a good value he was at 5M during FA this year. When people said he had no value you told everyone how wrong they were. And we still threw 1M away for nothing this year. For no reason. 

Poe and Star are not the only NG in the NFL. Didn’t have to be one or the other. And since he gave that money to Breeland originally, what was the plan without Poe? Had to be one. 

One good season doesn’t make you a top 2-3 PK. Especially with a horrible season right before it. You don’t cut top 2-3 Ks after one season and eat 6.6M in dead cap to do it. 

But if you don’t care about 11M here or there, there’s nothing to discuss. I’m using facts. You’re using whatever makes you opinion look better whether it’s true or not. 

All you're offering is opinion and 20/20 hindsight. Just like always. There isn't anything new that you're offering. 

At the time, I said that Torrey Smith's contract was no big deal, and it absolutely was not. I also said that we could get rid of him at our discretion. We did.  That's the facts. 

48 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I would say a 15M mistake has everything to do with whether Hurney 2.0 has improved or not. Want to explain how it doesn’t. 

And which one hits all at once. As I stated,  what’s the difference in 5M/yr and 6.25/yr? Nothing. Especially if 15M isn’t bad. 

The almost 10 mil we suffer in dead money next year should alone be enough to separate the two, you’re reaching if you think the effects of having ganos contract, a guy still on the roster and Kalil a guy whose not but we still are paying 15 mil to combine this season and next.

this shouldn’t even be a question smh

7 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

The almost 10 mil we suffer in dead money next year should alone be enough to separate the two, you’re reaching if you think the effects of having ganos contract, a guy still on the roster and Kalil a guy whose not but we still are paying 15 mil to combine this season and next.

this shouldn’t even be a question smh

And when you GM just kicked 13M down the road on KK and TT from this year, Having any total in a year matters little when he’s spreading it out over the next 4 years anyhow. Still wasted money. 

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

All you're offering is opinion and 20/20 hindsight. Just like always. There isn't anything new that you're offering. 

At the time, I said that Torrey Smith's contract was no big deal, and it absolutely was not. I also said that we could get rid of him at our discretion. We did.  That's the facts. 

No. I’m offering facts and a logical opinion about Gano that is way more supported than him being a top 2-3 Pk ever. 

So you never said anything about Torrey Smith and people complaining about his 5M salary when WRs were getting paid in FA? Nothing like “Torrey looks like a deal now” after whoever signed? Ok. Go with that. 

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

No. I’m offering facts and a logical opinion about Gano that is way more supported than him being a top 2-3 Pk ever. 

So you never said anything about Torrey Smith and people complaining about his 5M salary when WRs were getting paid in FA? Nothing like “Torrey looks like a deal now” after whoever signed? Ok. Go with that. 

If you don't know that Gano came off a great statistical year and a better preseason than Butler to boot, I don't know what to tell you.

I've already said what I said about Torrey Smith. The signing and the decision to keep him last season (where he unfortunately hot injured just when he was developing visible chemistry with Cam), wasn't a big deal. People who wanted to make it a big deal just wanted to nitpick Hurney's every move, just as they do now.

Archived