• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

26 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I haven't given any "excuses," nor do I believe any are warranted. GMs make decisions. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. There is nothing earth shattering or out of the ordinary here, just normal business. Gain was arguably a top two to three kicker in the league when the decision was made.

Poe's contract was pretty much considered a good deal by a consensus of NFL types (especially in light of what we'd have had to pay Star), including those right here. And it's not like his story is finished yet, and it's not like he has been terrible.

Torrey Smith was just heating up when he was injured. He actually made some key plays before he was hurt. He's gone now (as well he should be) and hardly worth talking about.

I would say that our offensive and defensive personnel are better than what Hurney inherited. I'm sorry if some of you can't see it.

No excuses needed!

Every word in this post is an excuse. Or just plain false. 

Im sure you don’t want to talk about Torrey Smith. You spent countless posts telling us what a good value he was at 5M during FA this year. When people said he had no value you told everyone how wrong they were. And we still threw 1M away for nothing this year. For no reason. 

Poe and Star are not the only NG in the NFL. Didn’t have to be one or the other. And since he gave that money to Breeland originally, what was the plan without Poe? Had to be one. 

One good season doesn’t make you a top 2-3 PK. Especially with a horrible season right before it. You don’t cut top 2-3 Ks after one season and eat 6.6M in dead cap to do it. 

But if you don’t care about 11M here or there, there’s nothing to discuss. I’m using facts. You’re using whatever makes you opinion look better whether it’s true or not. 

Here's my issue with Hurney 2.0 and with DG since he keeps getting brought up. Cam got hurt against Pittsburgh. I saw it, this board saw it, even Stevie Wonder could see it. Rivera's job is to manage the players, Hurney's job is to manage the team. It was obvious Cam wasnt right and Marty still let RR trot him out there. That shows no vision for the future of a franchise QB. It was his responsibility to take Cam off that field when Ron wouldnt, not just for Cam, but for the team's future. DG did the same thing and it pissed me off then too. 

I dont think he has the vision to lead this team, plain and simple.

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

What are you talking about lol, I said cool you got one out of 6 guys that might not pan out congrats lol, I said the collective group was solid, you decided to single out gualden, I already stated Idk wtf gualden is at this point 

keep up man 

And you still went on a rant to justify waiting on his evaluation. Right? 

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah because he’s getting blown off the ball regularly OK lol. Please provide the info for that this season. 

Unless you’ve got nick foles 90% of the time your starting qb goes out the season is all but over, a backup coming in and winning a couple games does what for the panthers exactly ? I’m trying to figure out which backup that was available would have led us to the playoffs let alone gave us a shot at a Super Bowl 

Watch the Rams game. Him and McCoy got abused on a majority of Rams big runs. 

And QB is an example. Like I said, are you really trying to say 15M is no big deal? Because it’s a big deal for Kalils contract and dead cap(14.7M) but not for anyone Hurney signed? Is that how it works. When Hurney wastes money it’s ok. Got it. My bad. We couldn’t have possibly gotten better as a team with more money? That’s your stance? 

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Here's my issue with Hurney 2.0 and with DG since he keeps getting brought up. Cam got hurt against Pittsburgh. I saw it, this board saw it, even Stevie Wonder could see it. Rivera's job is to manage the players, Hurney's job is to manage the team. It was obvious Cam wasnt right and Marty still let RR trot him out there. That shows no vision for the future of a franchise QB. It was his responsibility to take Cam off that field when Ron wouldnt, not just for Cam, but for the team's future. DG did the same thing and it pissed me off then too. 

I dont think he has the vision to lead this team, plain and simple.

Look Ron is an easy target start of this season, but I do not think he put Cam out there in harms way. Panthers have a staff of doctors and Cam has that warriors sprint. Cam wanted to play and the doctors cleared him plenty of weeks . By seasons end every single player out there is playing with some sort of pain/injury/hurting. That wasnt the first time Cams played hurt either. 

Now if you want Ron to bench Cam, that I can understand. Again Cam is a very unique guy, who knows if Cam would have pulled a Trent Williams/A.Brown/L.Bell type of deal. His first mistake was trying for a hail mary to end the half, afterwards the whole league knew something was up with his shoulder. 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Look Ron is an easy target start of this season, but I do not think he put Cam out there in harms way. Panthers have a staff of doctors and Cam has that warriors sprint. Cam wanted to play and the doctors cleared him plenty of weeks . By seasons end every single player out there is playing with some sort of pain/injury/hurting. That wasnt the first time Cams played hurt either. 

Now if you want Ron to bench Cam, that I can understand. Again Cam is a very unique guy, who knows if Cam would have pulled a Trent Williams/A.Brown/L.Bell type of deal. His first mistake was trying for a hail mary to end the half, afterwards the whole league knew something was up with his shoulder. 

There was something wrong and it was obvious. I understand the warrior attitude, but sometimes you have to intervene. Cam couldnt throw the long ball. His arm was jello by the 4th quarter. Thats more than just long season wear and tear.

And whether or not he decides to be a diva for being pulled for health concerns is irrelevant. It was clear to almost everyone that Cam was not ok. His game didnt pass the eye test. And if the team doctors are saying he's fine and nothing's wrong, I might have to find some new team doctors. My guess is they said he wasnt going to cause more damage if he kept plying, but I doubt they said he's fine.

16 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Watch the Rams game. Him and McCoy got abused on a majority of Rams big runs. 

And QB is an example. Like I said, are you really trying to say 15M is no big deal? Because it’s a big deal for Kalils contract and dead cap(14.7M) but not for anyone Hurney signed? Is that how it works. When Hurney wastes money it’s ok. Got it. My bad. We couldn’t have possibly gotten better as a team with more money? That’s your stance? 

Who brought up Kalil stay on topic that damn simple, quit trying to stray from the initial conversation. Let’s start putting words in people mouth and panic like you always do when you don’t know what you’re talking about. I asked specifically what qb at 15 mil was going to propel us in the postseason, every gm on every team is wasting money if that’s the case, than on top of that you’re talking about an accumulative 15 mil and one guy who’s cap for the year was the same, come on man tell the whole story and quit leaving out key details 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There was something wrong and it was obvious. I understand the warrior attitude, but sometimes you have to intervene. Cam couldnt throw the long ball. His arm was jello by the 4th quarter. Thats more than just long season wear and tear.

And whether or not he decides to be a diva for being pulled for health concerns is irrelevant. It was clear to almost everyone that Cam was not ok. His game didnt pass the eye test. And if the team doctors are saying he's fine and nothing's wrong, I might have to find some new team doctors. My guess is they said he wasnt going to cause more damage if he kept plying, but I doubt they said he's fine.

Let me ask this- If Panthers win those games, would you still say they should have benched Cam? 

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Who brought up Kalil stay on topic that damn simple, quit trying to stray from the initial conversation. Let’s start putting words in people mouth and panic like you always do when you don’t know what you’re talking about. I asked specifically what qb at 15 mil was going to propel us in the postseason, every gm on every team is wasting money if that’s the case, than on top of that you’re talking about an accumulative 15 mil and one guy who’s cap for the year was the same, come on man tell the whole story and quit leaving out key details 

You want to count how many times Kalil’s contract has been brought up, in this thread? Or by you specifically as a reason this team has issues? Considering Kalil’s dead cap hit of about 15M is “crippling” but Gano’s 15M is “no big deal”, I think it’s speaks directly to your total bias in this situation. 

And I said any player. But Foles wasn’t “Foles” until he was. He was the same as any washed up backup QB. Just answer the question? Why is 15M “crippling” only when it’s convenient. 

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You want to count how many times Kalil’s contract has been brought up, in this thread? Or by you specifically as a reason this team has issues? Considering Kalil’s dead cap hit of about 15M is “crippling” but Gano’s 15M is “no big deal”, I think it’s speaks directly to your total bias in this situation. 

And I said any player. But Foles wasn’t “Foles” until he was. He was the same as any washed up backup QB. Just answer the question? Why is 15M “crippling” only when it’s convenient. 

You’ve lost any ability to remain rational about this subject, if you’re trying to compare the Gano contract vs Kalil. 

Gano being on I.R and Kalil out of the league is completely different. Not to mention you’re speaking of Gano’s total contract vs the dead money on Kalil’s deal nevermind the countless millions he wasted against our cap while on the roster.

I respect your opinion to dislike Hurney but you’re beyond reaching trying to compare Gano’s contract and injury to the Kalil situation.

The record under Hurney at the helm is the biggest indictment against him. That’s enough to have a negative opinion of him. 

Personally I try to be a little more objective on the subject and don’t hate him. 

Does not mean either of us are more right than the other, just that we have differing opinions. 

I just think you belittle your argument when you reach and try to compare those 2 deals 

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Yeah why tf would you quote me and bring me into a discussion or player I haven’t brought up or mentioned, wtf kind of sense does that make ? Just launch me right into an argument I don’t want anything to do with huh? Do better 

ganos 15 mil is over the course of 3 seasons which allows more flexibility, kalils was over the course of a single season. There’s the main difference there, just speaking about those contracts specifically. Also I don’t think anyone cares as much as long as there’s a better replacement in place.  Tyrod was a waste of 16m for Cleveland but no one cares because they had baker 

Archived