• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

10 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

How is that first sentence even relevant to hurney 2.0, the record is 7-11.

we’ve drafted dj Moore(on pace for a 1000+ yard season), donte Jackson, Ian Thomas, Haynes, carter, gaulden who all look solid, damn good draft of it pans out.

2019 we’ve drafted burns, little, Grier, Miller, Scarlett, Daley we can all agree the jury is still out 

2018 we signed peppers back, Jairus Wright, Poe l, searcy, sirles, Ross, and Reid. Searcy and Ross didn’t pan due to injury or we found better, jury still out on Poe, siries was depth and everyone else were good signings.

2019 we signed paradis, Williams, Irvin and McCoy. Paradis has struggled so far, Williams is out of position, haven’t seen Irvin yet and McCoy looking pretty good so far.

only trade I can think of as shipping kB out for a 3rd, which was a good move. 

Not a fan of the Grier pick and not a fan of no grabbing a guard or safety in the last two drafts 

so I don’t see anything above that’s a fireable offense or accumulation bad moves that warrants firing barring he opted in to keep Rivera or suggested he’s the long term answer 

So DJ Moore and a bunch of question marks. Jackson is struggling. Thomas doesn’t play. Gaulden...solid? LOL. Haynes and Carter are backups at best and always will be. 

And Jarius Wright is finally one!!!! And he’s a solid value at best but still a good one. I’ve been trying to get any of you to say it for weeks. The rest were wasted money. We went into the season with a 38yo SS and a FS who was a backup most of his career. 

If the jury is still out on the 2019 draft(it is) then it’s still out on FAs too. 

Trading KB left us with no WRs. And we could have gotten a comp pick just letting him go at end of the year. And he brought us Gaulden. Which is sad. How do you trade a complete disaster like KB and still come out with nothing? 

39 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And still no Landry list of good moves. 

Its Ok if Poe sux now? That’s only 18M for two years of suck. Now that’s not even an issue....lol

Olsen not being on the field is part of the issue, not a good thing. 

And the Gano move was stupid at the time, as money people pointed out. And proved to be exactly what was predicted. 

Show me a 3-4 look in the Rams game. 

Read first and you’ll see the list, I put suck in quotations because unless dude has 12 sacks and 12 force fumbles most of you are still going to call him a bum. Olsen’s on the field now that’s what matters, still not seeing how gano signing prevented the team from making other moves. 

Straw man, we’ve played two games the one we ran majority 3-4 Poe got a sack.

10 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Read first and you’ll see the list, I put suck in quotations because unless dude has 12 sacks and 12 force fumbles most of you are still going to call him a bum. Olsen’s on the field now that’s what matters, still not seeing how gano signing prevented the team from making other moves. 

Straw man, we’ve played two games the one we ran majority 3-4 Poe got a sack.

I don’t care if he ever gets a sack. I’m worried about the other 99.9% of his snaps where he gets blown off the ball. You don’t really understand what he’s supposed to do, do you? 

What about a backup QB? Think 15M could have gotten a decent backup QB for 2-3 years? Who couldn’t we have gotten for 15M? 

24 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So DJ Moore and a bunch of question marks. Jackson is struggling. Thomas doesn’t play. Gaulden...solid? LOL. Haynes and Carter are backups at best and always will be. 

And Jarius Wright is finally one!!!! And he’s a solid value at best but still a good one. I’ve been trying to get any of you to say it for weeks. The rest were wasted money. We went into the season with a 38yo SS and a FS who was a backup most of his career. 

If the jury is still out on the 2019 draft(it is) then it’s still out on FAs too. 

Trading KB left us with no WRs. And we could have gotten a comp pick just letting him go at end of the year. And he brought us Gaulden. Which is sad. How do you trade a complete disaster like KB and still come out with nothing? 

You pick one player gaulden out of the 6 players In the group I said were solid lol ok, don’t know wtf gaulden is going to turn into, looked like he would contribute this year, than he was deactivated for a preseason game and in the doghouse apparently, so a toss up but even if he’s done still got 5 good picks, donte struggled against Godwin will have to see how he performs the rest of the way. Thomas not playing is a coaching issue. Again kB is a scrub after he was traded and it shows after he left here, don’t know what or if he will provide any useful snaps but better than keeping him on the roster. 

Dont ask for what hurney 2.0 has done and than say a bunch of question marks but than proceed to list players you personally don’t want or don’t want to wait and see how they perform before calling them bums or wasted picks or pick ups, doesn’t work that way bucko 

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

You pick one player gaulden out of the 6 players In the group I said were solid lol ok, don’t know wtf gaulden is going to turn into, looked like he would contribute this year, than he was deactivated for a preseason game and in the doghouse apparently, so a toss up but even if he’s done still got 5 good picks, donte struggled against Godwin will have to see how he performs the rest of the way. Thomas not playing is a coaching issue. Again kB is a scrub after he was traded and it shows after he left here, don’t know what or if he will provide any useful snaps but better than keeping him on the roster. 

Dont ask for what hurney 2.0 has done and than say a bunch of question marks but than proceed to list players you personally don’t want or don’t want to wait and see how they perform before calling them bums or wasted picks or pick ups, doesn’t work that way bucko 

What ? You can use them as examples of good picks, but I have to wait to use them as examples of mistakes? How’s that work? Doesn’t work that way either. 

Is Gaulden solid? No. But YOU put him in there and are still defending it. Everything else is accurate. I didn’t pick and choose anyone. I addressed them all. 

I hate to do this, 2.0 hurney did do better and I still wanted new leadership.

No idea why this needs to stated over and over- No GM has 100% hit/correct/right rate. You people are insane to think that every free agent and draft picks must be a success. 

I didnt want Hurney back in the first place, but since hes been here improvement was shown. Examples- so far picks 2-7 are at least showing talent in back-to-back years. At the time Paradis, Williams, Irvin, and McCoy where true bargains. With gano, he was a proven NFL kicker and Butler was a unknown. I understand picking Gano, hurney just needs to get a time machine and pick bulter instead.  Still want new leadership.

10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I don’t care if he ever gets a sack. I’m worried about the other 99.9% of his snaps where he gets blown off the ball. You don’t really understand what he’s supposed to do, do you? 

What about a backup QB? Think 15M could have gotten a decent backup QB for 2-3 years? Who couldn’t we have gotten for 15M? 

Yeah because he’s getting blown off the ball regularly OK lol. Please provide the info for that this season. 

Unless you’ve got nick foles 90% of the time your starting qb goes out the season is all but over, a backup coming in and winning a couple games does what for the panthers exactly ? I’m trying to figure out which backup that was available would have led us to the playoffs let alone gave us a shot at a Super Bowl 

17 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What ? You can use them as examples of good picks, but I have to wait to use them as examples of mistakes? How’s that work? Doesn’t work that way either. 

Is Gaulden solid? No. But YOU put him in there and are still defending it. Everything else is accurate. I didn’t pick and choose anyone. I addressed them all. 

What are you talking about lol, I said cool you got one out of 6 guys that might not pan out congrats lol, I said the collective group was solid, you decided to single out gualden, I already stated Idk wtf gualden is at this point 

keep up man 

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Everyone?

Us owing 8M in dead cap space after this season once we cut Olsen is low impact/small cost?

What about Gano and his 3M of dead cap next season, or 3M this season?

I think so, but that's just me. $11 mil is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of teams eat way more than that every year. It was a choice. Injuries happen. Get over it!

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

That’s a whole lot of words that don’t show anything “improved” about Hurney. A lot of excuses, and another dismissal of 15M the Gano decision cost us. We have a rookie PK and are still spending 4M+ on the position this year and next. And Torrey Smith who you claimed was a value at 5M, had to retire because no team would give him anything. How was Poe a bargain then or now?  

Excuses aren’t improvement. 

I haven't given any "excuses," nor do I believe any are warranted. GMs make decisions. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. There is nothing earth shattering or out of the ordinary here, just normal business. Gain was arguably a top two to three kicker in the league when the decision was made.

Poe's contract was pretty much considered a good deal by a consensus of NFL types (especially in light of what we'd have had to pay Star), including those right here. And it's not like his story is finished yet, and it's not like he has been terrible.

Torrey Smith was just heating up when he was injured. He actually made some key plays before he was hurt. He's gone now (as well he should be) and hardly worth talking about.

I would say that our offensive and defensive personnel are better than what Hurney inherited. I'm sorry if some of you can't see it.

No excuses needed!

Archived