• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Then that would be part of the problem. He was drafted for a reason. Gano was a nightmare in 2016. But Hurney didn’t draft him so he didn’t put his foot down. 

See anything I’ve ever said about Matt Kalils contract since the day it was signed. You want to claim anyone who says anything bad about Hurney, only does it because they liked DG. I ranted on many of the moves DG made. Does that mean I hated DG and loved Hurney when I was doing it. 

It’s not about some emotional attachment to any certain GM. It’s about the moves themselves. 

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Gettleman was fired years ago.

Hurney 2.0 is still with us.

Why?

It is not for the number of wins or division championships.

Ask Tepper. 

11 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Everyone and there grandma knows why Reid didn’t get a call last off-season, do you even keep up with football ?? Hard to tell if cockrell is worth the money when his leg snapped in half l, this year ? Hard to tell when you switch his position also 

again bitching about a guy who got ir’d because of concussion and another one who snapped his leg and was asked to play fa during mid training camp 

do better

What stopped them in the summer that didn’t in September? If Tepper didn’t care, why not? What changed from August to September that Reid couldn’t sign before the season? 

21 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Tepper must be aware of all this.  

If David T allows Hurney 2.0 to go down the same road (re-signing under performing players to over-inflated contracts) putting this team in CAP Hell, it will be his own fault.

Hurney 2.0 and Ron and company should be on a short leash from here on out.

No more long term player deals till this team consistently wins with what's on the roster.

Is he, though?

Who would tell him?

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Then that would be part of the problem. He was drafted for a reason. Gano was a nightmare in 2016. But Hurney didn’t draft him so he didn’t put his foot down. 

See anything I’ve ever said about Matt Kalils contract since the day it was signed. You want to claim anyone who says anything bad about Hurney, only does it because they liked DG. I ranted on many of the moves DG made. Does that mean I hated DG and loved Hurney when I was doing it. 

It’s not about some emotional attachment to any certain GM. It’s about the moves themselves. 

I said most not all. I can pick apart moves made by any gm in the league. You have to weigh the good vs the bad in order to be objective. I feel Hurney 2.0 has done more good than bad. The results don’t show it and I attribute that to Ron. Hurney agreed to come back with Ron as the coach and either without the desire to fire him or the authority to do so. If Ron cost Hurney his job then Hurney only has himself to blame.

25 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

And just because you think that I was makes it stupid, tf. We have played 3/4 a good bit to start the season l, and Poe already had a sack,  and even if he does “suck” he can be cut next year with little cap hit if I’m correct. Olsen hadn’t been on the field in a while due to injury, and cam’s injury didn’t help his production either 

And still no Landry list of good moves. 

Its Ok if Poe sux now? That’s only 18M for two years of suck. Now that’s not even an issue....lol

Olsen not being on the field is part of the issue, not a good thing. 

And the Gano move was stupid at the time, as money people pointed out. And proved to be exactly what was predicted. 

Show me a 3-4 look in the Rams game. 

6 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I said most not all. I can pick apart moves made by any gm in the league. You have to weigh the good vs the bad in order to be objective. I feel Hurney 2.0 has done more good than bad. The results don’t show it and I attribute that to Ron. Hurney agreed to come back with Ron as the coach and either without the desire to fire him or the authority to do so. If Ron cost Hurney his job then Hurney only has himself to blame.

So he’s done more good than bad because you said so. Got it. 

20 minutes ago, panther4life said:

His crippling contract has more to do with our cap space being complained about than the Gano decision. 

How exactly did Matt Kalil's contract force us to sign Dontari Poe, keep Torrey Smith at a much higher price than he was worth and spend millions more on Graham Gano when we could have had equal performance at a much lower price with Harrison Butker?

Did Kalil's contract have some kind of magic spell attached to it that forced Marty to make dumb decisions?

46 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Go ahead, please name all the good signings, record, playoff record, win %, and actions that he has made to make people believe that he is actually better than his former self....it's what this entire thread is about, and nobody wants to do it.

Gano was stupid at the time, and it looks even worse now, that cannot be debated.

Daryl isn't good.  Please don't bring up All Pro, that is no different than winning coach of the year.

Olsens extension was stupid.  He had talked up retiring, was coming off an injury to a foot for a big man (really tough to come back from) and was already under contract the next season.  It was a money grab by him and Hurney took the bait.

How is that first sentence even relevant to hurney 2.0, the record is 7-11.

we’ve drafted dj Moore(on pace for a 1000+ yard season), donte Jackson, Ian Thomas, Haynes, carter, gaulden who all look solid, damn good draft of it pans out.

2019 we’ve drafted burns, little, Grier, Miller, Scarlett, Daley we can all agree the jury is still out 

2018 we signed peppers back, Jairus Wright, Poe l, searcy, sirles, Ross, and Reid. Searcy and Ross didn’t pan due to injury or we found better, jury still out on Poe, siries was depth and everyone else were good signings.

2019 we signed paradis, Williams, Irvin and McCoy. Paradis has struggled so far, Williams is out of position, haven’t seen Irvin yet and McCoy looking pretty good so far.

only trade I can think of as shipping kB out for a 3rd, which was a good move. 

Not a fan of the Grier pick and not a fan of no grabbing a guard or safety in the last two drafts 

so I don’t see anything above that’s a fireable offense or accumulation bad moves that warrants firing barring he opted in to keep Rivera or suggested he’s the long term answer 

10 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Well I’m sure if you keep complaining on here that will certainly get his attention.

I'm just killing some free time, making observations and asking some questions like most fans here.

Hopefully Dave Tepper isn't allowing this forum to influence his decision making. 

If he is, the Panthers organization is in worse shape than I thought.

Archived