• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney 2.0

thefuzz

10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Money=Talent 

Are you trying to argue wasted money has no effect on a roster? You are the one claiming “nitpicking”. State your case or STFU. 

You’re the goof complaining about paying a kicker, so state your case or quit bitching. Crying over something that didn’t have an crippling effect on the team or roster. Like signing him prevented us from signing someone else, need a separate forum so others like you can whine and bitch all day about the “what ifs”

7 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

You’re the goof complaining about paying a kicker, so state your case or quit bitching. Crying over something that didn’t have an crippling effect on the team or roster. Like signing him prevented us from signing someone else, need a separate forum so others like you can whine and bitch all day about the “what if’s”

The reason that Gano is in this thread is there was a poster who claimed that Hurney had given out no stupid contracts in his 2nd term.  I pointed out that extending Olsen, and Gano were both stupid contracts, and both could be hurting us STILL next season when neither are on the roster.

Those are the stupid contracts that Hurney did as version 1.0, he just hasn't executed the big ones yet.  The Poe deal, as well as the Williams deal both look bad as well....not surprising.

I honestly wanted some folks in here talking about exactly what he has done to give him praise, and a new snazzy name....that hasn't happened.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I'm glad we have Pie. He fits this defense, and I look forward to am improving this season. The fact is, the $25 mil was a bargain at the time, and still may likely turn put a bargain. We were never locked into Smith (and he is gone). Slye may turn out to be better in the long run than Butler (so far, so good).He certainly has a cannon leg, which means something on kickoffs. I'm not going to second guess such marginal moves in the grand scheme of things. It's a relatively small cost of doing business. Every move is subject to hindsight being 20/20. I don't see any of those moves as being why we've lost so many games in a row.  And, like any GM every year, some moves don't pan out, and you strive to fix them (even if only  temporarily) the following season. I haven't seen anything egregious from that perspective. But, at the end of the day, if you're losing the buck stops with the GM.

That’s a whole lot of words that don’t show anything “improved” about Hurney. A lot of excuses, and another dismissal of 15M the Gano decision cost us. We have a rookie PK and are still spending 4M+ on the position this year and next. And Torrey Smith who you claimed was a value at 5M, had to retire because no team would give him anything. How was Poe a bargain then or now?  

Excuses aren’t improvement. 

How many circular Gettleman vs Hurney threads do you guys need before you realize it's time to bring in someone unlike both of these guys. It's looking more and more like it's time for a front office overhaul. If this group can't capitalize on a division up for grabs, well, adios.

Just now, TheRed said:

How many circular Gettleman vs Hurney threads do you guys need before you realize it's time to bring in someone unlike both of these guys. It's looking more and more like it's time for a front office overhaul. If this group can't capitalize on a division up for grabs, well, adios.

That's the point of the entire thread.

What exactly has Hurney done to make these posters think that he is better this time around?  I'm sticking with he still sucks, and I'm not getting much info to sway me away from that position.  This thread isn't about DG.

IMO we need to clean house from top to bottom to get this team back on track, are you ready for those next few years?  Is Tepper?

Just now, thefuzz said:

That's the point of the entire thread.

What exactly has Hurney done to make these posters think that he is better this time around?  I'm sticking with he still sucks, and I'm not getting much info to sway me away from that position.  This thread isn't about DG.

IMO we need to clean house from top to bottom to get this team back on track, are you ready for those next few years?  Is Tepper?

Eventually a house cleaning was always an inevitability regardless. Cam and Luke were never going to stay young forever.

10 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

You’re the goof complaining about paying a kicker, so state your case or quit bitching. Crying over something that didn’t have an crippling effect on the team or roster. Like signing him prevented us from signing someone else, need a separate forum so others like you can whine and bitch all day about the “what ifs”

A PK, a WR, a NG, a TE, Searcy, Cockrell, CJ Anderson(and spending money to replace him), a RT(to play LT). 

None of that effects the roster this year or last? 

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Because ones still here. We had that chance. But we brought back a guy who wrecked the team so badly that no one else in the league would call him for any job. Any candidate we interviewed would have been better. 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Eventually a house cleaning was always an inevitability regardless. Cam and Luke were never going to stay young forever.

I kinda agree with this, however consider this for a moment.

We never bring in Marty for his 2.0 run, and we actually hire a real NFL GM.  One who afraid to force Ron to do the things that he really dislikes doing?  One who wouldn't stand for mediocrity at every level of the team?

Ron could still possibly be here with a better GM past this season, unfortunately, I think we all see where this train is headed.

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

The reason that Gano is in this thread is there was a poster who claimed that Hurney had given out no stupid contracts in his 2nd term.  I pointed out that extending Olsen, and Gano were both stupid contracts, and both could be hurting us STILL next season when neither are on the roster.

Those are the stupid contracts that Hurney did as version 1.0, he just hasn't executed them yet.  The Poe deal, as well as the Williams deal both look bad as well....not surprising.

I honestly wanted some folks in here talking about exactly what he has done to give him praise, and a new snazzy name....that hasn't happened.

That's because you don't want to see anything other than what you believe. 

Low impact signings and a small cost of doing business are hardly cap killers. Poe's deal was a bargain, as well as Williams'. Everyone thought so at the time, so don't change now. It's not like they're dog meat either.

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Because ones still here. We had that chance. But we brought back a guy who wrecked the team so badly that no one else in the league would call him for any job. Any candidate we interviewed would have been better. 

That's part of what sucks.

We did interview other candidates, and a couple of good ones. Unfortunately, it was all just a sham to make sure we didn't get in trouble for violating the Rooney rule.

Did anybody really believe that Jerry Richardson was going to give that job to somebody other than Marty Hurney?

(especially given that one factor that all the other candidates had in common)

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Those are the stupid contracts that Hurney did as version 1.0, he just hasn't executed the big ones yet.  The Poe deal, as well as the Williams deal both look bad as well....not surprising.

Gano wasn’t stupid at the time and Olsen, when healthy is still a top te in the game as we saw last Thursday, Poe also looks to be playing better in the 3-4 scheme we have, all these contracts aren’t back breakers or prevent us from getting any one we coveted. If they end up being bad contracts they won’t hamper the panthers going forward. If you’re looking for a list of good that hurney has done since being here I can surely rifle off a Landry list 

sidenote daryl is on a one year deal, and I don’t think we signed him to initial play Lt 

Archived