• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking out loud

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, 332nd said:

Plus it would be hilarious to retire in a couple of weeks, & see how many of the people insisting the organization needs to let him go right now & that it's just business, suddenly howl about how he's disloyal.

I wouldn't be one of them. If your body is done, it's done. I don't want Cam playing hurt, risking further injury, just because of some misguided sense of loyalty. It wouldn't be good for him, or the Panthers. If Cam is hurt, and I'm not sure he didn't reinjure or further that foot last night, then he needs to be benched until he is healed. If at that point he says, my body is done, I can't do the rehab and constant pain anymore, I'm good with it. Thanks for the many years you've given to this organization, time to move on. 

23 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Your not the only one

Kyle Bailey on WFNZ just said he saw the same look in Cam's eyes and face last night during the game and after that Luck had at his press conference 

Definitely concerned about Cam's mental state. He really hasn't looked like he was having fun on the field in a while and he has admitted to battling depression last year. I hope that doesn't come up again.

13 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Actual football question...

I don’t really watch other NFL games than the Panthers.  So, for those of you who do...

Does Cam hold the ball longer than most QB’s?  I know our OL isn’t great, but would guys like Brees, Brady, or hell, even Dalton, Goff, Stafford get killed if they were our QB?

I’m wondering if it is even at LEAST in part because Cam takes longer to go through his reads, and his set up to throw, etc.

I used to only watch the panthers too. Spending time watching other teams that are good was eye opening. It changed my opinion of Cam and they way this entire team plays. This team looks lazy, slow, soft, and directionless compared to NE, chiefs, saints, etc.

Yes, in short (through his entire career) Cam waits until his guy is open before he starts his throw. The good QBs will very often throw before their target is fully open. This is a well documented limitation with Cam. This causes Cam (historically) to hold the ball longer.

Last night it looked like he has laboring a bit to get this long throws out too.

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

It will be the end of a era if Cam gets released or retires. He has been our greatest QB yet. Just like it was sad to watch Jake in 2009, it is just as sad to watch Cam since November.  Hardly anything to celebrate.

That stadium last night, had sadness that was measurable.   It was desperately trying to will Newton into a performance he could no longer give 

i think it was Golic today who sad ‘Newton has the look of a QB1 who is in pain and tired of all of it and what that brings’.   

He then went on to totally slam the Panthers for ‘patchwork’ offensive line  surrounding him

6 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

That stadium last night, had sadness that was measurable.   It was desperately trying to will Newton into a performance he could no longer give 

i think it was Golic today who sad ‘Newton has the look of a QB1 who is in pain and tired of all of it and what that brings’.   

He then went on to totally slam the Panthers for ‘patchwork’ offensive line  surrounding him

Yeah we all kept pulling for Cam to just finish one drive. Nobody wants Cam to struggle. We all pay our money to see the team win and pull for everybody and anybody wearing blue. We all watched in dismay as the Williams experience on the left side came unglued. Then to get stopped on the 1 yard line with 1:20 left and only one time out was totally deflating. I haven't seen this many somber exhausted faces as we all trudged out since Cam got here.

Archived