• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking out loud

Jeremy Igo

Most certainly doesn’t get paid if he continues to struggle... even if he recovers and has a decent season does Tepper want to pay a 31 year old who has a injury history? Probably not.

Im thinking that unless Cam turns in MVP like numbers he will be gone after this year. Tepper won’t mind taking the hit

46 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Wouldn't happen. Cam doesn't run his kind of offense.

Belichick is famous for figuring out what a player can do and then letting him do it. Cam would have a year or two to be Brady's back up, get right physicslly and mentally, be 33-34, playing for the GOAT HC. 

If anyone could make it work, it'd be Belichick- you know he'd love to win championships with Brady AND Cam.

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Belichick is famous for figuring out what a player can do and then letting him do it.

Easy to do when you had Brady at QB. He's been their guy for almost 2 decades. It's easy to let skill guys go out and do what they do best, but the Patriots offense is built around Brady.

Cam would have a year or two to be Brady's back up, get right physicslly and mentally, be 33-34, playing for the GOAT HC. 

If anyone could make it work, it'd be Belichick- you know he'd love to win championships with Brady AND Cam.

And that's why I don't think it would happen. Why go to the trouble of bringing in a broken down Cam Newton to try to fix up so he can play 2 or 3 more years in the twilight of his career instead of finding a new franchise QB?

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

A lot can be said about the mistakes that led our franchise to this position.

However, at least we didn't extend Cam for millions of dollars before the season.

With Marty "let's reward past performance" Hurney being the one writing it? Yeah, that could have been a disaster.

10 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Slowly coming to the inevitable realization that the Jerry Richardson-led Panthers completely and utterly broke and wasted Cam Newton.

What a disappointing franchise to be a fan of.

At least Tepper represents a new era.

It's not a new era until Ron and Marty are gone.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If things go down the road they look to be going, obviously Cam won't be getting paid anywhere near top dollar either to stay here or anywhere else. Just too big a risk.

I also don't see Cam as a guy that wants to be paid less than top dollar or compete for a starting job somewhere.

Guy has made a lot of money, is an entrepreneur, has a young family and sadly has a body that may not allow him to play the way he wants to play.

I really think he may retire after the season.

Your not the only one

Kyle Bailey on WFNZ just said he saw the same look in Cam's eyes and face last night during the game and after that Luck had at his press conference 

Actual football question...

I don’t really watch other NFL games than the Panthers.  So, for those of you who do...

Does Cam hold the ball longer than most QB’s?  I know our OL isn’t great, but would guys like Brees, Brady, or hell, even Dalton, Goff, Stafford get killed if they were our QB?

I’m wondering if it is even at LEAST in part because Cam takes longer to go through his reads, and his set up to throw, etc.

None of what is going on is Cam's fault. His skill set was squandered and stretched beyond abilities by our great HC RR keeping him playing when he was injured. Cam wasn't the kind of player to just give up and get off the field but RR should have pushed the issue telling Cam that he needs stay on the sidelines and put the back-ups in to play for experience. Now it is to late for Cam most likely and he may get cut/released or retire. We will never get a talent like his ever again.

If the refs had did theirs jobs and not allow opposing teams attack Cam with dirty head, leg, and ankle hits he would probably be still at a decent level playing.

If Cam does for any reason leave us that will be a sad day for us losing a great generational player.

Archived