• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking out loud

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

The list really isn't that long though:

Tennessee if they don't resign Mariota

Tampa Bay if they don't resign Jameis

Possibly Indianapolis

That's really about it though. A lot of bad teams won't be interested because they're gunning for Tua or Trevor Lawrence.

How about a good team?

Worst timeline for the fans here. Cam gets cuts by the panthers after the season and Belichcik convinces him to back up Brady for a year, get healed up, get his head right and he takes over for Brady,then wins 2 rings.

Tell me Belichick wouldn't do it.

9 minutes ago, falconidae said:

How about a good team?

Worst timeline for the fans here. Cam gets cuts by the panthers after the season and Belichcik convinces him to back up Brady for a year, get healed up, get his head right and he takes over for Brady,then wins 2 rings.

Wouldn't happen. Cam doesn't run his kind of offense.

pretty amazing how uniform the huddle is over this. Last night was just too much to argue with. 

even in jake's best days you had people screaming for weinke to start, or claiming that jake was married to hurney's daughter. 

when jake was done you had people blaming every single part of the team besides him

but man, cam just looks washed

26 minutes ago, falconidae said:

How about a good team?

I just think there is too much risk surrounding Cam the player these days  I can't imagine any fan of another team who would look at Cam last night and think-that could be a solution. It would be a hard sell after Brady.

Its why the statement by Igo in OP makes sense. Cam is hated by opposition fans around the league. He is in a key year approaching a new contract window. If he is hampered by injury and inconsistency and can't run anymore, and suddenly is a FA where is his incentive to continue?

He's made his money and richly deserved every penny. Why put your body on the line-especially if you feel you aren't the player you were? So maybe the question is-how much longer does it take him to accept this and indeed can he? Like @Darvinsun I don't want to see him play as a shadow of his former self. Life beyond football should be a genuine and exciting prospect for him.

1 hour ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

There is always an arrogant coach out there that thinks they can "fix" broken QBs. There will be one with Cam that will say all the right things that will convince him to keep going. Yeah, Cam doesn't want to be Joe Flacco, but Cam also has needing to win a Super Bowl baked into his DNA. Think he might make some sense with the Colts now that I think about it.

That feeling is gone lost. He is not the Cam Newton we knew. Let him retire and think about the good old days. I love to watch Cam but not like this.

Im not ready to give up on the guy.  I wonder if he is just thinking too much about his " new Improved" throwing motion too much and it is hurting his already previously sketchy at times accuracy.  That and playing with a sore foot doesn't make for a great combination.  I think he can revert back to his old form once his foot is healed and he either gives up on his new motion or it clicks into place in his head as automatic.

I'll put it in perspective. And I'm serious about this! If Cam Newton plays in all 16 games for the Panthers season this year, I'll buy someone on this board a pizza delivered to your house on the final Sunday of football season, pending Cam starts in his 16th game of the season.

If he misses one game this season, you must have a pizza delivered to my house the Sunday he sits. Anyone wanna take that bet? 

34 minutes ago, falconidae said:

How about a good team?

Not sure what you were watching last night, but the Cam I saw couldn't fit in any NFL offense.  He looked lost.

If we can give Jake Delhomme an entire season to tank and look like trash then we give Cam came at least a few more games to see if he improves.

I can't tell if he's still getting his game back or if its the other way around. Scary outlook right now at 0-2. Hope we turn it around.

25 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I'll put it in perspective. And I'm serious about this! If Cam Newton plays in all 16 games for the Panthers season this year, I'll buy someone on this board a pizza delivered to your house on the final Sunday of football season, pending Cam starts in his 16th game of the season.

If he misses one game this season, you must have a pizza delivered to my house the Sunday he sits. Anyone wanna take that bet? 

I wouldn't take that bet simply because I think Cam may need to sit to heal up his foot, but if I did take your bet and lost trust and believe this is the pizza you'd be getting.

hqdefault.jpg

Archived