• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking out loud

Jeremy Igo

Cam has seen the outpouring of positive emotion that people bestowed on Luck. Do not count out the very real possibility of Cam holding a presser in the very near future to make a similar proclamation. His allusion to “soul searching” tells me that he is considering setting up that presser before even the next game. We may have seen Cam’s last game. 

11 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I dont see him retiring after this season, but may ride out his contract throught next year and do it.

We heard Lucks emotional presser how just constant rehab took the toll.  Cam Clearly still isnt rigjt and could see him feeling the same.  

But I could see him letting Tepper etc know that he plans to retire after next year to get a heada up on finding a replacement.  But try to get 1 last shot

We can release Cam after the season and save almost 20 million in cap space in 2020. At this rate, staying won't be his choice. This will be his last year,  here at least.

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It almost seems like he's already checked out. Didn't see that until Luck retired, and it may not have happened until he saw Luck do it which probably got him thinking about life after NFL. 

Cam has been his own guy, thriving on his individuality. The idea of doing whatever he wants and not having to answer to anyone or being forced to deal with the media might be very appealing.

Plus it would be hilarious to retire in a couple of weeks, & see how many of the people insisting the organization needs to let him go right now & that it's just business, suddenly howl about how he's disloyal.

2 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Cam has seen the outpouring of positive emotion that people bestowed on Luck. Do not count out the very real possibility of Cam holding a presser in the very near future to make a similar proclamation. His allusion to “soul searching” tells me that he is considering setting up that presser before even the next game. We may have seen Cam’s last game. 

Yeah, like Cam would EVER get the same positive outpour that Luck got. I can only begin to imagine the massive amount of negativity and hate Cam would get if he were to retire like Luck did.

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We can release Cam after the season and save almost 20 million in cap space in 2020. At this rate, staying won't be his choice. This will be his last year,  here at least.

Is a valid point. Espescially if there is a new GM with zero emotional ties to the roster.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I don't think Cam would retire mid season but I could be wrong. I think he would feel like he was quitting on his team, and he is not a quitter.

There are ways to handle it though. If he went on IR for example.

I don't expect POS Rivera to do Cam any solids though as their coaching character has shown itself time and time again to be quite different than their off the field character.

11 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

There is always an arrogant coach out there that thinks they can "fix" broken QBs. There will be one with Cam that will say all the right things that will convince him to keep going. Yeah, Cam doesn't want to be Joe Flacco, but Cam also has needing to win a Super Bowl baked into his DNA. Think he might make some sense with the Colts now that I think about it.

Brisset is proving capable, a move to Cam would be at best lateral and most likely a move to a worse QB at this point.  You can scratch Indy off the list.

12 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It almost seems like he's already checked out. Didn't see that until Luck retired, and it may not have happened until he saw Luck do it which probably got him thinking about life after NFL. 

Cam has been his own guy, thriving on his individuality. The idea of doing whatever he wants and not having to answer to anyone or being forced to deal with the media might be very appealing.

I think the first part of this statement is highly accurate. I think Luck really just opened some eyes for a lot of guys who are starting to reach that point in their career where they need to evaluate what makes them happier: being healthy or playing football.

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Yeah, like Cam would EVER get the same positive outpour that Luck got. I can only begin to imagine the massive amount of negativity and hate Cam would get if he were to retire like Luck did.

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

You bought your fireworks for that day already, bro?

It will be the end of a era if Cam gets released or retires. He has been our greatest QB yet. Just like it was sad to watch Jake in 2009, it is just as sad to watch Cam since November.  Hardly anything to celebrate.

Archived