• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking out loud

Jeremy Igo

I hate to agree with you, but there's definitely a trend of guys leaving young to save their bodies like Gronk, or because injuries are keeping them from loving the game and leading happy lives like Luck. Cam is smart enough to know we're years away from a title run, and I don't think he'd think that's worth waiting around for, and soaking up the abuse he'll continue to take.

Cam doesn't look like he's enjoying the game anymore. He used to run around doing the airplane arms, celebrating first down, dabbing, Supermanning. Now he just looks like he's driving into the office every time he takes the field. He certainly doesn't love the game anymore, and after we've done nothing but trot him out behind a shoddy line with marginal talent for years and putting the burden on him to make chicken salad out of chicken poo, I can hardly blame him if he wants out.

1 minute ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

The list really isn't that long though:

Tennessee if they don't resign Mariota

Tampa Bay if they don't resign Jameis

Possibly Indianapolis or Jacksonville

That's really about it though. A lot of bad teams won't be interested because they're gunning for Tua or Trevor Lawrence.

all those teams would be wanting from him would be to come in and be what Joe Flacco is in Denver right now.  I don't see Cam being about that.  He will just go pursue something else.  

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

This is the inevitable result of having rules requiring poor public speakers to publicly speak.

Cam  has had some Yogi Berra to him

That ain't a bash.  I frankly like it.  He gets poo for it but I never have liked the professional robots like Wilson or Brady.

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

At this point I doubt he makes through the season  as our starter. And after watching these performances who would pick him up? Retirement might be his only option if he doesn't play much better.

Yeah to say that was rust last night is just lying. He has absolutely no touch. 

Just now, Sam Mills Fan said:

The list really isn't that long though:

Tennessee if they don't resign Mariota

Tampa Bay if they don't resign Jameis

Possibly Indianapolis or Jacksonville

That's really about it though. A lot of bad teams won't be interested because they're gunning for Tua or Trevor Lawrence.

I dont see Tennessee not resigning Mariota, he's not going to ask for Dak type  $$$

Tampa maybe, the fans down here in Tampa want him gone.  But Arians really has a thing for him

Indy just extended Brissett for 2-3 years, so dont see them just because they want to really see what they have first

Jax- just gave Foles the deal.  And wont guve up on him because he's missing most of the year for injury.

Bengals I can see because the HC is a Mcvay disciple and a QB guy.

I think we could easily trade up for Oregons QB if we wanted 

It almost seems like he's already checked out. Didn't see that until Luck retired, and it may not have happened until he saw Luck do it which probably got him thinking about life after NFL. 

Cam has been his own guy, thriving on his individuality. The idea of doing whatever he wants and not having to answer to anyone or being forced to deal with the media might be very appealing.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If things go down the road they look to be going, obviously Cam won't be getting paid anywhere near top dollar either to stay here or anywhere else. Just too big a risk.

I also don't see Cam as a guy that wants to be paid less than top dollar or compete for a starting job somewhere.

Guy has made a lot of money, is an entrepreneur, has a young family and sadly has a body that may not allow him to play the way he wants to play.

I really think he may retire after the season.

Totally agree.  All signs point to his career being over after this year, or at worst, this contract.  I would be absolutely shocked if anyone tried to pay him what he will likely feel he's worth.  

Just now, CRA said:

Cam  has had some Yogi Berra to him

That ain't a bash.  I frankly like it.  He gets poo for it but I never have liked the professional robots like Wilson or Brady.

Yeah, I know you weren't bashing.

And I wasn't bashing him either calling him a poor public speaker.  Because he just is.  And he does what a lot of poor public speakers do, he tries to overcompensate and in doing so often says stuff that makes very little to no sense.

But he's MANDATED by the NFL to do it because MUH JOURNALISTS!

1 minute ago, CRA said:

all those teams would be wanting from him would be to come in and be what Joe Flacco is in Denver right now.  I don't see Cam being about that.  He will just go pursue something else.  

There is always an arrogant coach out there that thinks they can "fix" broken QBs. There will be one with Cam that will say all the right things that will convince him to keep going. Yeah, Cam doesn't want to be Joe Flacco, but Cam also has needing to win a Super Bowl baked into his DNA. Think he might make some sense with the Colts now that I think about it.

Archived