• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest mistake this season was made in January.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, ellis said:

The team as a whole is not as good as you think. I hate to say this for the 500th time: when Buffalo comes rolling into your training camp with likes of Jerry Hughes and steamrolls through your OL, and when Buff’s secondary suffocates your wide receivers, it’s a harbinger of things to come. We tried to warn people. 

Not bragging. It’s simply pointing out the obvious. The team looked wonderfully graceful in shorts and helmets. 

Buffalo is a top 3 defense, but it doesn’t negate your assumption 

Cam Newton can no longer complete enough passes for us to beat even bad teams on a consistent basis. In the past he could run when his passing game was off, but now he can't or won't run well enough to make up for his poor passing. Would new coaches sit CMC to rest him for next season? Would we be winning with new coaches? No and no, but I think new coaches would be more likely to start our backup QBs once we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. We need to know if Grier has what it takes to be our QB of the future because we spent a 3rd rounder on him. If Grier looks like anything less than very good, then you spend the #1 overall pick on a QB (yes I think we will have the #1 overall pick). 

Unfortunately we play the Saints again in the last game of the season, and it's likely that they will be trying to let us win that game like last season in order to push us down the draft and protect their players. Dopey Ron will probably try to win that game again. So here is what you want to happen, the Saints need to lose enough games that their final game means something to their playoff positioning. With the Saints trying to win we're almost certain to lose, and we might go 0-16. 

Some of you might not be high on the QBs in the years draft, but we're not qualified to evaluate their talent. Just hope for the number one overall pick, and let the chips fall where they may.

Before we clean house.  I'd like to see Allen inserted into the line up.  What could it hurt.  I know that Cam's status isn't his fault.  There was A LOT of mismanagement.  However, irregardless of the how's and why's this came to be Cam appears to be done.  Insert Allen into the lineup and see if we get a win.  If we can get a win with Allen then they're may be some salvaging that can be done this season.  If we wait another game...it'll be too late.

Cam aside the game plan was garbage, tf you attempt 51 pass attempts with a qb who hasn’t been able to build a rapport with receivers not named Moore,Olsen, or cmc. The offense was so predictable that Bowles jailhouse blitz almost every down, that’s piss poor. Didn’t motion cmc in the slot for mismatches, didn’t use screens, nothing to counter a over aggressive defense, also just said the hell with helping Williams get his lunch money took all game by Barrett 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Last year the stock of Hurney and Rivera was plummeting. A seven game losing streak followed by a meaningless preseason-like victory. The Carolina Panthers franchise was plummeting, the playoff window was clearly closed, yet Tepper decided to hang on to that stock for another season. Clearly it was time to sell, but he held tight. Bad move.

What we are seeing now are the fruits of that ill fated decision. A team that should have a fresh and new approach to the game under exciting new leadership is stuck for an entire season with the same tired excuses we have seen for years.

From a previous Panthers staff member:

"That's what they asked for when they brought Hurney back....no big picture or leadership. Blueprint is out there how to beat Carolina."

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

Some of you might not be high on the QBs in the years draft, but we're not qualified to evaluate their talent. Just hope for the number one overall pick, and let the chips fall where they may.

I'd rather take the best OL available, and stock pile draft picks. Roll with Grier in 2020 and be in position to trade up to get Trevor in 21.

Archived