• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers inactives

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. Holes all over the roster but a very good starting DT tandem in Star and KK... let's take another DT in the 1st! Brilliant!

We did the same thing with Shaq but at least he became a good player.

Not many teams are good consistently good enough to be able to make luxury picks in the 1st round. We aren't among them.

C000EBAB-CC83-4821-A6FA-60A4EA92AD52.jpeg.0efcdba83bf59e1b3830012859c912a0.jpeg

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Grier was a compensatory pick in the 3rd (which might as well be the 4th). You guys act like he was a top 5 pick in the 3rd round...

Oh no, no, no, no, good sir... you don't understand.

Lower round picks *must* perform at the level of every-down NFL starters.  If they are inactive during a game, they are a "bust".

This is what is commonly referred to as the CAP Doctrine.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. Holes all over the roster but a very good starting DT tandem in Star and KK... let's take another DT in the 1st! Brilliant!

We did the same thing with Shaq but at least he became a good player.

Not many teams are good consistently good enough to be able to make luxury picks in the 1st round. We aren't among them.

Butler was brought in as insurance after a season where the team went 15-1 and to the Super Bowl.

Has definitely not panned out, but it was never a luxury pick. Other positions looked set (KB returning, Oher healthy, front 7 stacked, etc) with the biggest question mark for our starters being whether or not KK would extend. The CB fiasco got two starting CBs (Worley was ass but he is still starting in OAK) with only one player from the draft class being worth a damn

Just thinking about how that 2016 season unfolded makes me nauseous. Ugh. 

But if dude is just gonna ride pine this season, why not give his spot to somebody worth looking at? I don't get it. I can't even begin to rationalize why they would even bother with him at this point. 

Just now, Icege said:

Butler was brought in as insurance after a season where the team went 15-1 and to the Super Bowl.

Has definitely not panned out, but it was never a luxury pick. Other positions looked set (KB returning, Oher healthy, front 7 stacked, etc) with the biggest question mark for our starters being whether or not KK would extend. The CB fiasco got two starting CBs (Worley was ass but he is still starting in OAK) with only one player from the draft class being worth a damn

Just thinking about how that 2016 season unfolded makes me nauseous. Ugh. 

But if dude is just gonna ride pine, why not give his spot to somebody worth looking at? I don't get it.

"Insurance" = luxury pick.

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, that pick absolutely should've been Michael Thomas.

How on earth could you justify that at the time as being anything less than a luxury pick after selecting a WR with the 1st and 2nd rounders in the previous two drafts?

C'mon mang. You're better than that.

Archived