• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RE: Jameis - Don't assume he will suck tonight. History says...

Jeremy Igo

29 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Super Bowl losers were 3-16 before Sunday too. We’re pretty good at messing up the odds. 

It’s almost like it’s silly to give much credence to these arbitrary historical stats. For example, what is it inherently about a Super Bowl loser that would rationalize or begin to explain why they’d lose the next season’s opener? Are they just that deflated from a game played 6-7 months earlier?

I prefer to judge games on the matchups themselves...there’s way too much team-to-team/season-to-season variation to take any of those stats seriously.

Panthers have not played with urgency and precision in a very long time

Tonight would be a good time to start

They are at home.  They have already lost a conference game

they can’t afford to lose a division game

perhaps Rivera, Newton, Turner, and Sam Mills the III will learn to watch the clock

after nine years hope springs eternal that they will,  and if they don’t, all 4 sent packing at season’s end

really, I can take a team that tries, I can’t take a time that is injured and tries it’s best, I can take a young team that makes mistake....

what I can’t take is stupid and lazy.  FIX IT. That stupidness cost a field goal and also stupid time out usage in the second half left them little options.    Rivera, you are going to waste time outs, do it in the first half, not the second 

1 hour ago, Mage said:

Why would the Thanksgiving game not be included?  It is literally played on Thursday.  It is a Thursday game.  In measuring our success on Thursday, there is no reason why it wouldn't be included.  It isn't like playing earlier on Thursday is more advantageous than playing later on Thursday lol

The Wiki page we were using was providing all results for the PROGRAM "Thursday Night football", not all football games on Thursday Night...

It's why during the playoffs the game is "Thursday Night Football on Saturday" or "Monday night football on Saturday" which is all kinds of stupid.

1 hour ago, Mage said:

If we're going to lose confidence because Rivera is 3-4 or whatever on Thursday, then you should regain that confidence when you see Rivera is 11-5 against the Bucs.

But we're 3-3 in the last 6 games vs the Bucs. Basically a coin flip, hope we win.

Archived