• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC getting much love

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Yes. Cam is an alpha male in charge of leading an NFL franchise. Do you think he would outright say his arm isn't what it used to be? Do you think the team wants to let the fans down and plummet ticket sales by saying Cam's arm is degraded? 

The evidence speaks for itself unfortunately. His arm isn't the same. It's not even speculation at this point, it's stone cold fact. I'm not saying he's a bad QB now because of it, far from it. But the special ability to throw the deep ball he used to have is gone.

Ah yes, that special ability that had him at below a 60% completion rate and he was still getting dragged by everyone for night being an efficient QB right? You really think you are making some type of point here? The point is no matter what cam does it won't be good enough in some peoples eyes, cams focus is winning...he  is gonna do whatever to win rather thats throw it deep or throw it 5 yards. You critics will bash for something else no matter what hurdle he jumps over in his career. Thats facts.

41 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It's a stretch to say the least that they would be able to keep up that big of a lie for this long with how many people would have to be involved. Including all of his teammates because they see him firsthand. Does this extend to the rest of the NFL as well? Because apparently Bruce Arians is a part of the lie now too.

But hey, we'll know more tonight.

I just think it's ugliness that drives this stuff. I don't even see the point in someone following a sports team if they are the sort to believe this.

Honestly, do you think that Cam's arm is 100%?

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

How can I make that kind of determination after one week of football?

I know as much as anyone else on the outside looking in from a fan perspective. Does that mean everything we've heard is a lie?

Let's just be honest. The conspiracy theories about this revolve around one thing. Getting Newton out the door. It's been this way for years.

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

100% is a relative term.  He could be sore and still be able to sling it like he could  before.  He appeared to have plenty of zip on the ball Sunday, and had no trouble hitting guys 10-15 yards down the field, and on the opposite hash.  Also, he overthrew Samuel 35 yards down the field, so yeah I think his arm strength is just fine.  Now, his chemistry with his WR's, his touch, accuracy and anticipation.....thats a different story.  The velocity is there though.

7 minutes ago, TheRed said:

How can I make that kind of determination after one week of football?

I know as much as anyone else on the outside looking in from a fan perspective. Does that mean everything we've heard is a lie?

Let's just be honest. The conspiracy theories about this revolve around one thing. Getting Newton out the door. It's been this way for years.

No, it doesn't, except for the stupid posters on this board.  It's a discussion about our starting QB on a football message board.

I, for 1, do not think that Cam's arm is back to his pre surgery days.  I HOPE that he can push the ball down the field, but nothing (outside of camp stories) have convinced me that he CAN push the ball.

As I stated in another thread, us not pushing the ball could be part of the game plan, partly with an O Line trying to gel, our WR's inability to separate, or Cam can't do it any longer.  It could be any 1 of those, or a mixture.

Also, why pay attention to the stupid posters, just buzz right by their posts...it's a much better life that way.

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

100% is a relative term.  He could be sore and still be able to sling it like he could  before.  He appeared to have plenty of zip on the ball Sunday, and had no trouble hitting guys 10-15 yards down the field, and on the opposite hash.  Also, he overthrew Samuel 35 yards down the field, so yeah I think his arm strength is just fine.  Now, his chemistry with his WR's, his touch, accuracy and anticipation.....thats a different story.  The velocity is there though.

Throwing the deep ball isn't about how far you can throw it....it's about being able to throw it to the right place, with the right velocity, and having it arrive at the right time.  Cam can probably throw the ball 40 yards....it's can he make that throw consistently, game in and game out?

That is why the question swirls around this team right now....we haven't been able to do that since 2017.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

No, it doesn't, except for the stupid posters on this board.  It's a discussion about our starting QB on a football message board.

I, for 1, do not think that Cam's arm is back to his pre surgery days.  I HOPE that he can push the ball down the field, but nothing (outside of camp stories) have convinced me that he CAN push the ball.

As I stated in another thread, us not pushing the ball could be part of the game plan, partly with an O Line trying to gel, our WR's inability to separate, or Cam can't do it any longer.  It could be any 1 of those, or a mixture.

Also, why pay attention to the stupid posters, just buzz right by their posts...it's a much better life that way.

It's been almost 10 full years of this my dude.

We're done scrolling past this poo. People can either choose to root for their team or they will politely be told to fug off.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Keep hoping. He hasn't thrown a deep ball like this since before his shoulder injury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DT-JEsqzmo

His arm just isn't the same, anyone who says otherwise is blind or naive.

“Keep hoping” ? Hey fughead, he’s your QB. Cam returning to form should be something you “hope” for as well, unless you’re one of those deplorables that never really wanted him to begin with. Either way, fug off with this toxic bullshit literally hours before kickoff.

fug this fanbase, man. Seriously.

5 minutes ago, rico6 said:

“Keep hoping” ? Hey fughead, he’s your QB. Cam returning to form should be something you “hope” for as well, unless you’re one of those deplorables that never really wanted him to begin with. Either way, fug off with this toxic bullshit literally hours before kickoff.

fug this fanbase, man. Seriously.

For real though

Archived