• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC getting much love

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Keep hoping. He hasn't thrown a deep ball like this since before his shoulder injury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DT-JEsqzmo

His arm just isn't the same, anyone who says otherwise is blind or naive.

You could be right. But if such is the case, a lot of people with the Panthers, Cam included, are bold faced liars. Is that what you believe?

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You could be right. But if such is the case, a lot of people with the Panthers, Cam included, are bold faced liars. Is that what you believe?

Yes. Cam is an alpha male in charge of leading an NFL franchise. Do you think he would outright say his arm isn't what it used to be? Do you think the team wants to let the fans down and plummet ticket sales by saying Cam's arm is degraded? 

The evidence speaks for itself unfortunately. His arm isn't the same. It's not even speculation at this point, it's stone cold fact. I'm not saying he's a bad QB now because of it, far from it. But the special ability to throw the deep ball he used to have is gone.

I love seeing him exceed expectations. This is the player I expected him to be coming out of Stanford. I don't think it's a matter of spreading the ball around more, but capitalizing on opportunities that come about from teams having to scheme for CMC. For example, when Curtis Samuel generates one on one matchups and beats his guy we have to be able to connect.

The determination and drive he showed on those last two plays of his on that last touchdown effort in the game was amazing. It was like the old days of seeing Steve Smith fighting through everything for a win, or Cam back in the day willing himself through and past a defender.

I just want to know where that fire is in the rest of the team. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Yes. Cam is an alpha male in charge of leading an NFL franchise. Do you think he would outright say his arm isn't what it used to be? Do you think the team wants to let the fans down and plummet ticket sales by saying Cam's arm is degraded? 

The evidence speaks for itself unfortunately. His arm isn't the same. It's not even speculation at this point, it's stone cold fact. I'm not saying he's a bad QB now because of it, far from it. But the special ability to throw the deep ball he used to have is gone.

Cam doesnt need to say anything, and it would be easily figured out in practice if his arm was not up to snuff.  Do you just conveniently forget about the numerous deep shots he hit just about every single practice in Training Camp?

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Keep hoping. He hasn't thrown a deep ball like this since before his shoulder injury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DT-JEsqzmo

His arm just isn't the same, anyone who says otherwise is blind or naive.

Newton is one of those people.

He recently bristled at a reporter questioning his long ball. Told them to ask the Tampa Bay defensive coordinator how far he thought Newton could throw it.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

It's a stretch to say the least that they would be able to keep up that big of a lie for this long with how many people would have to be involved. Including all of his teammates because they see him firsthand. Does this extend to the rest of the NFL as well? Because apparently Bruce Arians is a part of the lie now too.

But hey, we'll know more tonight.

I just think it's ugliness that drives this stuff. I don't even see the point in someone following a sports team if they are the sort to believe this.

Archived