• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC getting much love

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, t96 said:

29 touches per game isn’t sustainable (well maybe it is for a season or a couple but not for the future) so hopefully that comes down but his productivity remains the same or is better.

LaDainian Tomlinson averaged over 25 touches per game for the first seven years of his career.

Emmitt Smith averaged 25 touches per game for the first seven years of his career.

Let's not get too excited by the fact that a rock star RB got four touches more than other rock star RB's averaged at the same point in their career for one game.

11 hours ago, t96 said:

29 touches per game isn’t sustainable (well maybe it is for a season or a couple but not for the future) so hopefully that comes down but his productivity remains the same or is better.

It's quite sustainable.  Strength and conditioning is miles above what it was in the days of Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, etc, etc.  He can handle it.

It's not an issue of sustainability, it's an issue of versatility. Being dynamic. Do you see the two recent Super Bowl teams forcing their entire offense (rushing/passing) through their first string RB? If anything so far this season I've seen two of the best teams in the NFC getting on the board with their backup running back.

I'm sure if McCaffrey only got 15 touches and we still lost, people would be complaining about that too.

Feeding McCaffrey isn't why we lost.  It is because (and I hate to say it because I love him) Cam overthrew multiple passes, Moore fumbled in the redzone on the opening drive, the miscommunication on the attempted field goal drive, and the lateral in our own territory.

11 hours ago, t96 said:

I say we just give him the ball every play. The Panthers are used to one guy driving the offense. From Steve Smith to Cam and now McCaffrey.

Archived