• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A must win for Carolina? You bet your sweet hiney it is.

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

It's not what we want but what Ron will do and that is most likely the same old same old. 8+ years of it, it's going no where fast.

That is indeed the trend, but one can hope for change.  Signing and resigning Reid, Signing McCoy, releasing a veteran RB in favor of rookies behind CMC, cutting LT Kalil, resigning Daryl William's, depressing Little, bringing in Ray Ray, the changes go on to say that we want to be better than yesterday...

16 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

That is indeed the trend, but one can hope for change.  Signing and resigning Reid, Signing McCoy, releasing a veteran RB in favor of rookies behind CMC, cutting LT Kalil, resigning Daryl William's, depressing Little, bringing in Ray Ray, the changes go on to say that we want to be better than yesterday...

I think Reid and cutting long time inactive HB for rookies shows a little change from Ron but the rest is more standard movement than change IMO. Throw in the 3-4 change. 

If you are expecting Ron to do things like activating Thomas over Manhurtz, find clock management skills, not waste timeouts, play games to win instead of not losing, find a killer instinct and allow the O to line up with enough time to read the D or just running a hurry up O once in a while then I would suggest not holding your breath. It's wasted hope. In 2015 Cam would line up and read the D and we had a great O. 2016 they went back to the garbage approach of waiting to the last minuet to line up, which it appears we still use, so change isn't always good. 

If Ron was in his first couple of years I could muster hope, but he is what he is now. If I see Ron changing this season than I know his butt is on fire and he had no choice. I can literally go on and on with how stubborn Ron is and how change comes slow and late with him. 

We can talk about Ron's positives too but the ability change or adapt will not be in that category.

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

I think Reid and cutting long time inactive HB for rookies shows a little change from Ron but the rest is more standard movement than change IMO. Throw in the 3-4 change. 

If you are expecting Ron to do things like activating Thomas over Manhurtz, find clock management skills, not waste timeouts, play games to win instead of not losing, find a killer instinct and allow the O to line up with enough time to read the D or just running a hurry up O once in a while then I would suggest not holding your breath. It's wasted hope. In 2015 Cam would line up and read the D and we had a great O. 2016 they went back to the garbage approach of waiting to the last minuet to line up, which it appears we still use, so change isn't always good. 

If Ron was in his first couple of years I could muster hope, but he is what he is now. If I see Ron changing this season than I know his butt is on fire and he had no choice. I can literally go on and on with how stubborn Ron is and how change comes slow and late with him. 

We can talk about Ron's positives too but the ability change or adapt will not be in that category.

It may not happen but I still hope to see some level of change. Everything's start somewhere. Everything won't be fixed at one time, but this is my team and I'm still hoping to see something special. Enjoy the game...

Archived