• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A must win for Carolina? You bet your sweet hiney it is.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

odds of making playoffs after 0-2 start at home? 1.8% (I made that up)

Weren't the Seahawks and Bills games in 2013 at home? Also, Chiefs recently made playoffs after starting 0-5 I believe and Vikings missed after 5-0 so I’m not going to panic this early regardless.

I will say though I will be very very upset with anything outside of a blowout win by 3 scores tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Not sure how pounding the Bucs would rekindle SB hopes. And not sure how people think we actually will destroy them. Our divisional games are almost always one score games when we win.

Have no doubt, if we lose it’s over. You don’t recover from that, not under Ron Rivera.

49 minutes ago, t96 said:

Weren't the Seahawks and Bills games in 2013 at home? Also, Chiefs recently made playoffs after starting 0-5 I believe and Vikings missed after 5-0 so I’m not going to panic this early regardless.

I will say though I will be very very upset with anything outside of a blowout win by 3 scores tomorrow.

Bills game was in Buffalo, and there was plenty of hyperbole after that loss as well. Heck, I recall threads about how that Seahawks game was "the most important regular season game in franchise history to date" and that a loss absolutely guaranteed a bottom-feeding year.

That said, Carolina should not lose this game tomorrow. If they do, IMO it's just more of the same in terms of how this team has performed year in and year out under the Rivera regime.

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I'm not just looking for a win here,  I'm looking for a pounding, no backing off, no prevent,  no giving them momentum late in the game,  non of that.  #keeppounding 

Other than the 2015 Arizona playoff game, has Ron ever done that? In Ron's mind, this is just the first quarter of the season. Gotta save some juice for the playoffs we probably won't make.

Yes, a win will help rekindle my hopes, by alot.  For the love of the lord please be unpredicatble.....PASS on first down for a change!  Ha!  Instead of the same run, run, pass nonsense.  And when on 3rd and short.....for my sanity throw the F-ing ball at or beyond the first down marker!!  Yes...i need this win to bring my blood pressure down.

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Not sure how pounding the Bucs would rekindle SB hopes. And not sure how people think we actually will destroy them. Our divisional games are almost always one score games when we win.

Yeah, beating what's probably one of the 3 worst teams in the league just means we are at least the 29th best team.

Archived