• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Bucs at Panthers predictions thread

Jeremy Igo

24 minutes ago, TheRed said:

All I know is the bafflingly predictable Shulaesque playcalling like run CMC up the gut on 2nd down for no gain or a loss leading to a 3rd and long needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

People don't talk about it, but it's a growing concern that stemmed in the latter half of last year.

Don't know why, but Norv is suddenly going conservative mode and his creative ideas seemed to have stagnated. Sure, you had that little gimmick with a CMC and Cam Newton twist at the goalline for that TD, but really nothing else impressed me at all. 

I want to see Norv keep his foot on the gas all game and go for the big plays as much as possible. To hell with this conservative BS.

8 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

People don't talk about it, but it's a growing concern that stemmed in the latter half of last year.

Don't know why, but Norv is suddenly going conservative mode and his creative ideas seemed to have stagnated. Sure, you had that little gimmick with a CMC and Cam Newton twist at the goalline for that TD, but really nothing else impressed me at all. 

I want to see Norv keep his foot on the gas all game and go for the big plays as much as possible. To hell with this conservative BS.

I agree on the conservative tendencies. It isn't just the playcalling though.

Looking back at the inactives list for Sunday, it appears we had 3 running backs activated. Both Scarlett and Bonnafon were there. Yet both never once came off the bench. Meanwhile I saw both the Rams, and the Saints, two very good NFC teams, running in scores with their 2nd string backs. Why no such versatility from the Panthers who are obviously a ground and pound football team? Like I said in another thread, I need to see things opened up. Our schedule is only going to get tougher to close the season.

24 Panthes 21 Bucs

Panthers Offense stalls coming out of the gate once again in the first half. Cam throws a pick early and leads to a Bucs TD.

Second half the offense gets rolling and scored TDs on consecutive drives, but the defense dissapears and lets the bucs back into the game at the end.

We win on a last second field goal.

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Anyone expecting a blowout must be new to a Rivera coached team. A close win or a close loss, like every game.

Devils advocate

Ron is 3-1 vs Arians.  All 4 games have been decided by double digits. 

5 hours ago, TheRed said:

All I know is the bafflingly predictable Shulaesque playcalling like run CMC up the gut on 2nd down for no gain or a loss leading to a 3rd and long needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

Running CMC up the middle has proven a better bet then Newtons arm recently

On 9/10/2019 at 3:27 PM, Captroop said:

Seems like everyone is projecting a tight match, and several projecting a loss. And so I'll go with my irrefutable, "Division games are a crap shoot and you can't infer anything about the competitiveness of the team generally based on the outcome of this contest," hypothesis and predict the opposite extreme:

Panthers 41 - Bucs 24

We run away with it early and give up a bevvy of garbage time points in the fourth.

The board overreacts to the stellar performance and swears we're world beaters. Everyone is shocked when our lights-out offensive and defensive showing doesn't carry over to week 3.

I was going to say 45-17 for the same reasons.

Archived